Pervert used James Bond-style pen camera to spy on naked women in King’s Cross gym showers
- Credit: Archant
The voyeur nephew of a former High Commissioner to India has been jailed for a year after using a James Bond-style pen camera to spy on women at a King’s Cross Gym.
Oliver Gore-Booth, 34, used the hi-tech device to secretly film women at the Anytime Gym, Pentonville Road, and took the pen camera on the Tube to take perverted upskirt pictures of women on the escalators.
The HR manager, who is the great, great grandson of arctic explorer and fifth Baronet Gore, Sir Henry Gore-Booth, amassied three years worth of secret videos between 2011 and 2014 before he was discovered.
Victims of Gore-Booth. who also used the camera to film guests at a private bathroom at the home he shares with his fiancée’s in Waldron Road, Wandsworth, told how they have felt “unsafe” and as if they were “being watched” while several had suffered changes to their personalities.
Gore-Booth admitted five counts of voyeurism and four of outraging public decency at Blackfriars Crown Court in January and was handed a 12-month prison sentence at the same court on Thursday last week.
Judge Henry Blacksell, sentencing, said: “These are serious offences which cause a great deal of distress.
“You breached so many people’s trust in a mean and cunning way.
- 1 40 firefighters called to scene as Highbury flat damaged
- 2 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 3 New community mural painted by residents unveiled in Stoke Newington
- 4 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 5 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 6 Call for fuel payment machines in Hackney and Islington
- 7 'Staffing crisis' means children's hospice cannot offer end of life care
- 8 Pirates: Reggie Yates film shot in Angel gets release
- 9 Stoke Newington: Pret 'sorry' after staff tell indy café 'we'll steal your customers'
- 10 Boy, 13, arrested after teenager stabbed in Canonbury
“It must have been terrible and very shocking for them to become aware of that gross breach of trust of you secretly filming them.
“It must be deeply troubling for the women going about their lives to find out there are people working to take these shots of parts of their body which are usually shielded publicly.”
Gore-Booth, who attended a £10,000 a term private school in Dorset and has worked for companies such as Sky, Eurostar, Viacom, and moo.com, will be on the sex offenders’ register for 10 years.