Perverts arrested for sexual touching on Finsbury Park tube
- Credit: Archant
Three perverts were arrested for sexual touching on trains as part of a crackdown on commuter-based molestation.
The three men were held last week during Project Guardian – a joint operation involving British Transport Police (BTP) the Met and Transport for London (TfL) aimed at improving reporting levels among victims of sexual offences and to promote non-tolerance of intimidation and sexual harassment.
One man was arrested on Friday after his victim got off the train and pointed him out to police officers at Finsbury Park stations.
Meanwhile two more men were arrested at their home for a sex offence on the Piccadilly line between Covent Garden and Finsbury Park.
The operation saw hundreds of uniformed officers stepped up patrols across the transport network while plain clothes officers helped identify any suspicious behaviour.
You may also want to watch:
Ch Sup Paul Brogden, of BTP, said: “We know victims often don’t report these incidents to us – either they worry they won’t be taken seriously, or think it’s just part and parcel of everyday life. “I want to make it clear that we do not tolerate unwanted sexual behaviour of any kind on the transport network and take every report seriously. Our passengers should not have to suffer in silence and we will do everything we can to support you and bring offenders to justice.”
Ch Ins Colin Carswell said: “Unwanted sexual behaviour on the transport network will not be tolerated and by carrying out this Project Guardian week of action we are able to intensify our efforts in catching offenders and raise awareness of how to report any incidents.”
- 1 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 2 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 5 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 6 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 7 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 8 'Exceptional' heroes granted Islington's highest award, the 'Freedom of the Borough'
- 9 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 10 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?