Pictures: flowers laid at the scene of fatal Holloway stabbing
- Credit: Archant
The 17-year-old boy who was stabbed to death in Holloway last night was found by members of the public.
Police launched a murder investigation after the boy, named this afternoon as Vaso Kakko, died in Yoke Close, in the Shearling Way Estate off North Road.
Flowers were this afternoon laid at the scene, which was cordoned off by officers. No arrests have been made.
Officers were called at around 8.50pm last night. Vaso, of Canonbury, was pronounced dead at the scene just after 9.20pm.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
He is the 14th teenager to be stabbed to death in the capital this year - and the third in Islington.
Alan Cartwright, 15, was murdered while cycling with friends in Caledonian Road on February 27. His killer, 18-year-old Joshua Williams, was sentenced to 21 years in jail after being found guilty of Alan’s murder in September.
- 1 40 firefighters called to scene as Highbury flat damaged
- 2 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 3 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 4 Call for fuel payment machines in Hackney and Islington
- 5 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 6 New community mural painted by residents unveiled in Stoke Newington
- 7 'Staffing crisis' means children's hospice cannot offer end of life care
- 8 Pirates: Reggie Yates film shot in Angel gets release
- 9 Stoke Newington: Pret 'sorry' after staff tell indy café 'we'll steal your customers'
- 10 Cannabis sweets: the drugs danger that put 17 north London schoolgirls in hospital
Stefan Appleton, 18, was stabbed to death in Nightingale Park, Canonbury, on June 10. Two 17-year-old boys accused of his murder are scheduled to stand trial at the Old Bailey on February 29.