Pictures: flowers laid at the scene of fatal Holloway stabbing
- Credit: Archant
The 17-year-old boy who was stabbed to death in Holloway last night was found by members of the public.
Police launched a murder investigation after the boy, named this afternoon as Vaso Kakko, died in Yoke Close, in the Shearling Way Estate off North Road.
Flowers were this afternoon laid at the scene, which was cordoned off by officers. No arrests have been made.
Officers were called at around 8.50pm last night. Vaso, of Canonbury, was pronounced dead at the scene just after 9.20pm.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
He is the 14th teenager to be stabbed to death in the capital this year - and the third in Islington.
Alan Cartwright, 15, was murdered while cycling with friends in Caledonian Road on February 27. His killer, 18-year-old Joshua Williams, was sentenced to 21 years in jail after being found guilty of Alan’s murder in September.
- 1 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 2 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 5 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 6 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 7 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 8 Crime plummeted in Islington during Covid pandemic, new figures reveal
- 9 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
- 10 David Dein: Former Arsenal chief shares top tips for success
Stefan Appleton, 18, was stabbed to death in Nightingale Park, Canonbury, on June 10. Two 17-year-old boys accused of his murder are scheduled to stand trial at the Old Bailey on February 29.