Pictures: flowers laid at the scene of fatal Holloway stabbing
- Credit: Archant
The 17-year-old boy who was stabbed to death in Holloway last night was found by members of the public.
Police launched a murder investigation after the boy, named this afternoon as Vaso Kakko, died in Yoke Close, in the Shearling Way Estate off North Road.
Flowers were this afternoon laid at the scene, which was cordoned off by officers. No arrests have been made.
Officers were called at around 8.50pm last night. Vaso, of Canonbury, was pronounced dead at the scene just after 9.20pm.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
He is the 14th teenager to be stabbed to death in the capital this year - and the third in Islington.
Alan Cartwright, 15, was murdered while cycling with friends in Caledonian Road on February 27. His killer, 18-year-old Joshua Williams, was sentenced to 21 years in jail after being found guilty of Alan’s murder in September.
- 1 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 2 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 5 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 9 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
Stefan Appleton, 18, was stabbed to death in Nightingale Park, Canonbury, on June 10. Two 17-year-old boys accused of his murder are scheduled to stand trial at the Old Bailey on February 29.