Pictures: flowers laid at the scene of fatal Holloway stabbing
- Credit: Archant
The 17-year-old boy who was stabbed to death in Holloway last night was found by members of the public.
Police launched a murder investigation after the boy, named this afternoon as Vaso Kakko, died in Yoke Close, in the Shearling Way Estate off North Road.
Flowers were this afternoon laid at the scene, which was cordoned off by officers. No arrests have been made.
Officers were called at around 8.50pm last night. Vaso, of Canonbury, was pronounced dead at the scene just after 9.20pm.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
He is the 14th teenager to be stabbed to death in the capital this year - and the third in Islington.
Alan Cartwright, 15, was murdered while cycling with friends in Caledonian Road on February 27. His killer, 18-year-old Joshua Williams, was sentenced to 21 years in jail after being found guilty of Alan’s murder in September.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 2 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 3 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 6 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 7 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 8 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 9 Meet Charrli - the Islington start-up facilitating zero-waste shopping
- 10 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
Stefan Appleton, 18, was stabbed to death in Nightingale Park, Canonbury, on June 10. Two 17-year-old boys accused of his murder are scheduled to stand trial at the Old Bailey on February 29.