Pictures: flowers laid at the scene of fatal Holloway stabbing
- Credit: Archant
The 17-year-old boy who was stabbed to death in Holloway last night was found by members of the public.
Police launched a murder investigation after the boy, named this afternoon as Vaso Kakko, died in Yoke Close, in the Shearling Way Estate off North Road.
Flowers were this afternoon laid at the scene, which was cordoned off by officers. No arrests have been made.
Officers were called at around 8.50pm last night. Vaso, of Canonbury, was pronounced dead at the scene just after 9.20pm.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
He is the 14th teenager to be stabbed to death in the capital this year - and the third in Islington.
Alan Cartwright, 15, was murdered while cycling with friends in Caledonian Road on February 27. His killer, 18-year-old Joshua Williams, was sentenced to 21 years in jail after being found guilty of Alan’s murder in September.
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 8 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 9 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 10 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque
Stefan Appleton, 18, was stabbed to death in Nightingale Park, Canonbury, on June 10. Two 17-year-old boys accused of his murder are scheduled to stand trial at the Old Bailey on February 29.