Pictures of two men shot dead in Islington assassination released
DETECTIVES investigating the gangland-style execution of two men on an Islington estate today released the first pictures of the victims.
Lee Walllace, 25, of Broadway, Loughton, and Jayson Hassan, 28, of Horatio Street, Bethnal Green, were shot dead on the Cummings Estate, off Britannia Row, on Tuesday morning.
The two victims were standing outside Strang House when they were ambushed by two men on foot. The assassins then ran off in an unknown direction.
So far no-one has been arrested.
Detective Chief Inspector Stephen Clayman, from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command, said: “We appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident who may have seen or heard anything suspicious, or has any information about this incident, to contact us in confidence.”
You may also want to watch:
- Anyone who can assist police should call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 2 Can you help identify this man?
- 3 Shops, pubs and hairdressers reopen across Islington today
- 4 'Light at the end of the tunnel': Upper Street shoppers excited to end lockdown
- 5 Toxic air, Covid, Ramadan, rehoming cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Macmillan CEO thanks retiring Islington firefighter for £25,000 donation
- 7 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- 8 Shannon Courtenay crowned WBA Bantamweight World Champion
- 9 Bowie-inspired bar in Finsbury Park faces opposition
- 10 Islington mayor complains about ‘saturation’ of licenced venues in Archway