Pictures of two men shot dead in Islington assassination released
DETECTIVES investigating the gangland-style execution of two men on an Islington estate today released the first pictures of the victims.
Lee Walllace, 25, of Broadway, Loughton, and Jayson Hassan, 28, of Horatio Street, Bethnal Green, were shot dead on the Cummings Estate, off Britannia Row, on Tuesday morning.
The two victims were standing outside Strang House when they were ambushed by two men on foot. The assassins then ran off in an unknown direction.
So far no-one has been arrested.
Detective Chief Inspector Stephen Clayman, from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command, said: “We appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident who may have seen or heard anything suspicious, or has any information about this incident, to contact us in confidence.”
You may also want to watch:
- Anyone who can assist police should call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 3 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 6 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 7 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 10 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets