Pictures of two men shot dead in Islington assassination released
DETECTIVES investigating the gangland-style execution of two men on an Islington estate today released the first pictures of the victims.
Lee Walllace, 25, of Broadway, Loughton, and Jayson Hassan, 28, of Horatio Street, Bethnal Green, were shot dead on the Cummings Estate, off Britannia Row, on Tuesday morning.
The two victims were standing outside Strang House when they were ambushed by two men on foot. The assassins then ran off in an unknown direction.
So far no-one has been arrested.
Detective Chief Inspector Stephen Clayman, from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command, said: “We appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident who may have seen or heard anything suspicious, or has any information about this incident, to contact us in confidence.”
You may also want to watch:
- Anyone who can assist police should call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 6 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 7 'Havoc' as squirrels invade Old Street council block
- 8 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 9 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants
- 10 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues