Pictures of two men shot dead in Islington assassination released
DETECTIVES investigating the gangland-style execution of two men on an Islington estate today released the first pictures of the victims.
Lee Walllace, 25, of Broadway, Loughton, and Jayson Hassan, 28, of Horatio Street, Bethnal Green, were shot dead on the Cummings Estate, off Britannia Row, on Tuesday morning.
The two victims were standing outside Strang House when they were ambushed by two men on foot. The assassins then ran off in an unknown direction.
So far no-one has been arrested.
Detective Chief Inspector Stephen Clayman, from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command, said: “We appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident who may have seen or heard anything suspicious, or has any information about this incident, to contact us in confidence.”
You may also want to watch:
- Anyone who can assist police should call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Mum-of-two 'loses everything' in Islington fire