Finsbury Park double stabbing: Police appeal after rush hour incident in Seven Sisters Road
- Credit: Archant
After the double stabbing in Finsbury Park on Wednesday which has left two in hospital, detectives are appealing for information and witnesses.
The incident, which took place in Seven Sisters Road near to Costa Coffee, saw cops called at 4.55pm after two 18-year-old men were found with stab injuries.
Both remain in hospital, one in a "critical but stable" condition while the second man's life is not thought to be in danger.
Investigating officer Det Insp Eliot Porritt said: "Police are investigating an incident where two men were stabbed outside Costa Coffee next to Finsbury Park Station on Seven Sisters Road.
"This is a busy location with numerous transport connections and the incident happened during what would have been a busy rush hour.
You may also want to watch:
"I am appealing to anybody who may have seen or heard anything that may be connected with this event to speak to us.
"Information from the public is vital and is likely to be of great assistance to the investigation."
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 3 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 4 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder
The Met have made no arrests as yet, and inquiries continue.
Anyone with information that may assist police should call 101, quoting CAD5376/22JAN. Or to stay anonymous contact the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or at crimestoppers-uk.org