Police appeal after girl, 15, approached by stranger in King’s Cross and shown explicit images
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a 15-year-old girl was shown explicit images by a man in King’s Cross on her way to school.
At about 8.20am last Monday, the victim was walking in Chalton Street when she was approached by a man who appeared lost.
He asked whether she could help with directions before showing her explicit images on a white phone.
The victim immediately left and made her way to school, where a safer schools officer was informed.
The man is described as white, in his early 30s and with light brown or blonde hair.
You may also want to watch:
At the time of the incident he was wearing a dark denim jacket, blue jeans, a white shirt and possibly brown shoes.
No arrests have been made.
- 1 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 2 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 3 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 4 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 Walk with a map
- 7 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 8 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 9 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 10 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
Det Cons Rich McEwan said: “This was a terrifying ordeal for a girl who was simply agreeing to help with directions whilst on her way to school.
“The suspect’s actions appear to be totally premeditated and this vile attempt to frighten a young girl will not be tolerated.
“I would urge anyone with information to get in touch.”
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, quoting “CAD 3341/24May”, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.