Police appeal after man assaulted and stabbed in Islington
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses and information after a man was punched, kicked and stabbed on Friday evening.
Police were called by staff at a north London hospital at approximately 2am on Saturday November 14, after an 18-year-old man was admitted with a stab wound to the buttock.
Officers attended the hospital and spoke with the victim, who was treated for his injury and was later discharged from hospital.
Detectives investigating the incident from the Trident and Area Crime Command believe that the victim came across three men in Granville Street. Islington, at around 7pm on Friday November 13. The men gave chase and when they caught up with the victim they punched and kicked him. The victim was then stabbed and the men fled the scene in an unknown direction.
Detective Inspector Glen Butler, said: “I am appealing to anyone who was in the vicinity of Granville Street prior to the incident or anyone who witnessed the assault itself to come forward and assist us with our investigation. Any information no matter how small may just provide us with the lead we require to trace and arrest those responsible for this vicious attack.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information is asked to contact detectives on 020 8358 0578 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years