Rotherfield Street shooting: Police appeal for witnesses after two men wounded in Canonbury
- Credit: Google maps
Police are appealing for information and witnesses after two men were shot in Islington.
Emergency services were called to shots fired in Rotherfield Street, East Canonbury, at 3.30am on Sunday July 5.
Two men, aged 20 and 26, who had suffered gunshot wounds from the incident self-presented at hospital and were later discharged.
Detectives do not believe this incident is connected to the murder of Imani Allaway-Muir who was fatally shot nearby, for which two men have been charged.
They are appealing for anyone who witnessed this incident, anyone with information about the shooting, or from anyone who has images or footage from home CCTV or doorbell camera systems which may be relevant, to contact them.
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting ref CAD 2029/05Jul.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 8 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
To remain anonymous, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.