Rotherfield Street shooting: Police appeal for witnesses after two men wounded in Canonbury
- Credit: Google maps
Police are appealing for information and witnesses after two men were shot in Islington.
Emergency services were called to shots fired in Rotherfield Street, East Canonbury, at 3.30am on Sunday July 5.
Two men, aged 20 and 26, who had suffered gunshot wounds from the incident self-presented at hospital and were later discharged.
Detectives do not believe this incident is connected to the murder of Imani Allaway-Muir who was fatally shot nearby, for which two men have been charged.
They are appealing for anyone who witnessed this incident, anyone with information about the shooting, or from anyone who has images or footage from home CCTV or doorbell camera systems which may be relevant, to contact them.
There have been no arrests.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting ref CAD 2029/05Jul.
- 1 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 2 Plea date set for man accused of Sabita Thanwani killing
- 3 'Save Islington's buses': Call for action as sweeping cuts loom
- 4 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 5 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 6 Hit Brighton food hall operator to open Upper Street venue
- 7 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 8 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
- 9 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 10 'Mistrust and fear' of services fuelling Islington BAME employment gap, research finds
To remain anonymous, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.