Rotherfield Street shooting: Police appeal for witnesses after two men wounded in Canonbury
- Credit: Google maps
Police are appealing for information and witnesses after two men were shot in Islington.
Emergency services were called to shots fired in Rotherfield Street, East Canonbury, at 3.30am on Sunday July 5.
Two men, aged 20 and 26, who had suffered gunshot wounds from the incident self-presented at hospital and were later discharged.
Detectives do not believe this incident is connected to the murder of Imani Allaway-Muir who was fatally shot nearby, for which two men have been charged.
They are appealing for anyone who witnessed this incident, anyone with information about the shooting, or from anyone who has images or footage from home CCTV or doorbell camera systems which may be relevant, to contact them.
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting ref CAD 2029/05Jul.
- 1 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 2 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 3 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 4 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 5 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 6 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 7 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 8 Designated Covid care setting celebrates intervention on insurance issues
- 9 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 10 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
To remain anonymous, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.