Police appeal as man hit by car in Penton Street, Islington, after ‘fight’ in Claremont Square
- Credit: Archant
Do you know this man? Police are appealing for information after a man was hit by a car in Penton Street yesterday.
Cops were called just before 11.15am to reports of two males fighting in Claremont Square.
One of the males is believed to have run into Penton Street and gotten into a black VW Golf. It then mounted the pavement and collided with the victim, a 30-year-old male.
The victim left the scene prior to the arrival of London Ambulance Service paramedics, and has not yet been traced. Police are continuing to try and locate him.
The man they want to “speak to” in connection with the incident is William Jayes, aged 21.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, quoting CAD 2529/June 10. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Layout of new LTN around Upper Street revealed
- 2 CCTV: Footage of man sought by officers investigating sexual assault
- 3 Islington school praised for celebrating 'difference and diversity'
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Islington's Tory councillor calls for LTNs to be scrapped
- 6 Reclaim the Night: Women demand end to gendered violence in north London
- 7 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021
- 8 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 9 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 10 Project helps to integrate Black women into Caledonian community