Police appeal as man hit by car in Penton Street, Islington, after ‘fight’ in Claremont Square
- Credit: Archant
Do you know this man? Police are appealing for information after a man was hit by a car in Penton Street yesterday.
Cops were called just before 11.15am to reports of two males fighting in Claremont Square.
One of the males is believed to have run into Penton Street and gotten into a black VW Golf. It then mounted the pavement and collided with the victim, a 30-year-old male.
The victim left the scene prior to the arrival of London Ambulance Service paramedics, and has not yet been traced. Police are continuing to try and locate him.
The man they want to “speak to” in connection with the incident is William Jayes, aged 21.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, quoting CAD 2529/June 10. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Can you help identify this man?
- 2 Toxic air, Covid, Ramadan, rehoming cats and Islamophobia
- 3 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- 4 Bowie-inspired bar in Finsbury Park faces opposition
- 5 Macmillan CEO thanks retiring Islington firefighter for £25,000 donation
- 6 Islington mayor complains about ‘saturation’ of licenced venues in Archway
- 7 Church closes Highgate path over 'antisocial behaviour and assault'
- 8 Islington Council racked up nearly £500,000 from LTN fines in 4 months
- 9 Climate change: Nurture nature
- 10 Alex Smith murder: Abdirahman Ibrahim found guilty