Police appeal as man hit by car in Penton Street, Islington, after ‘fight’ in Claremont Square
- Credit: Archant
Do you know this man? Police are appealing for information after a man was hit by a car in Penton Street yesterday.
Cops were called just before 11.15am to reports of two males fighting in Claremont Square.
One of the males is believed to have run into Penton Street and gotten into a black VW Golf. It then mounted the pavement and collided with the victim, a 30-year-old male.
The victim left the scene prior to the arrival of London Ambulance Service paramedics, and has not yet been traced. Police are continuing to try and locate him.
The man they want to “speak to” in connection with the incident is William Jayes, aged 21.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, quoting CAD 2529/June 10. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 2 Arsenal's Women's Super League clash with West Ham postponed
- 3 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 4 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 5 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 6 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 9 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 10 Covid and NHS, LTNs and trees versus housing