Police appeal as man hit by car in Penton Street, Islington, after ‘fight’ in Claremont Square
- Credit: Archant
Do you know this man? Police are appealing for information after a man was hit by a car in Penton Street yesterday.
Cops were called just before 11.15am to reports of two males fighting in Claremont Square.
One of the males is believed to have run into Penton Street and gotten into a black VW Golf. It then mounted the pavement and collided with the victim, a 30-year-old male.
The victim left the scene prior to the arrival of London Ambulance Service paramedics, and has not yet been traced. Police are continuing to try and locate him.
The man they want to “speak to” in connection with the incident is William Jayes, aged 21.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, quoting CAD 2529/June 10. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 3 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 4 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 7 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder