Police appeal following Archway bus assault
- Credit: Archant
A man who head-butted a bus driver is being hunted by police.
Officers have released a CCTV image of a man they want to speak to in connection with the assault which happened on board a route 390 bus in Highgate Hill, Archway.
The bus was stationary and out of service in order for the drivers to change over ahead of the incident at around 10am on Saturday, November 24.
But the suspect had remained on the bus and refused to alight when asked to do so by the new driver.
The driver then asked his colleague to call the police, at which point he was head butted by the man, who then fled.
You may also want to watch:
The victim sustained an injury to his nose and was treated at Homerton Hospital for bruising and swelling.
Officers from the Transport for London and Metropolitan Police Service Safer Transport Command Workplace Violence Unit are now asking for the public’s help in identifying the man in the CCTV image released this week.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 3 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 4 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 5 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 6 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 7 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 10 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
The suspect is described as a tall white man with light brown wavy hair.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Det Con Annie Garrard on 020 3054 5477 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.