Police appeal following Archway bus assault
- Credit: Archant
A man who head-butted a bus driver is being hunted by police.
Officers have released a CCTV image of a man they want to speak to in connection with the assault which happened on board a route 390 bus in Highgate Hill, Archway.
The bus was stationary and out of service in order for the drivers to change over ahead of the incident at around 10am on Saturday, November 24.
But the suspect had remained on the bus and refused to alight when asked to do so by the new driver.
The driver then asked his colleague to call the police, at which point he was head butted by the man, who then fled.
You may also want to watch:
The victim sustained an injury to his nose and was treated at Homerton Hospital for bruising and swelling.
Officers from the Transport for London and Metropolitan Police Service Safer Transport Command Workplace Violence Unit are now asking for the public’s help in identifying the man in the CCTV image released this week.
- 1 Family appeal for help to find Islington man missing for more than two weeks
- 2 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 3 Overground suspended in Hackney and Islington
- 4 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 5 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 6 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 7 Even better than the real thing? Tribute bands to see in north London before 2022
- 8 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 9 'You can see where their priorities are': Islington reacts to the Budget
- 10 Islington food bank sees applicants triple
The suspect is described as a tall white man with light brown wavy hair.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Det Con Annie Garrard on 020 3054 5477 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.