Police appeal following Finsbury bus driver attack
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for help in identifying two men following an assault on a night bus driver in Finsbury.
The attack happened just before 2am on November 14 in Yardley Street, on board the route N38 bus travelling towards Walthamstow Central.
A row erupted between a group of passengers and as the bus driver went to intervene, he was attacked with a number of punches to the head and face. He did not require medical treatment.
Officers from the joint Transport for London and Metropolitan Police Service Safer Transport Command Workplace Violence Unit are now trying to trace the two men pictured as part of their enquiries.
Both men were white with light coloured hair, with one wearing a beige jumper and trousers and the other a grey jumper and dark trousers.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Det Con Karen Hagen leading the investigation for the Workplace Violence Unit on 0203 054 4569 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Shell casings found after Islington gun reports
- 2 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 3 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 4 Four Hackney and Islington properties with amazing skyline views
- 5 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 6 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 7 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 8 Covid patients in north London hospitals with Plan B rules set to lift
- 9 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 10 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?