Police appeal following Finsbury bus driver attack
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for help in identifying two men following an assault on a night bus driver in Finsbury.
The attack happened just before 2am on November 14 in Yardley Street, on board the route N38 bus travelling towards Walthamstow Central.
A row erupted between a group of passengers and as the bus driver went to intervene, he was attacked with a number of punches to the head and face. He did not require medical treatment.
Officers from the joint Transport for London and Metropolitan Police Service Safer Transport Command Workplace Violence Unit are now trying to trace the two men pictured as part of their enquiries.
Both men were white with light coloured hair, with one wearing a beige jumper and trousers and the other a grey jumper and dark trousers.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is urged to contact Det Con Karen Hagen leading the investigation for the Workplace Violence Unit on 0203 054 4569 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Stan Kroenke and the European Super League have killed Arsenal FC
- 5 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 6 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 7 ESL 'the death of what football should be about', say Arsenal fans
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Elthorne Pride community group's back-to-school initiative
- 10 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'