Police appeal for information after Holloway stab death
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old man remained in custody this morning, on suspicion of murdering a man in Holloway yesterday afternoon.
Police were called at 1.50pm following reports of a man who had been stabbed in Hilldrop Crescent.
Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended and found the man, who was in his 30s. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Next of kin have been informed. Formal identification and a post-mortem examination have yet to be scheduled.
The 22-year-old man in custody is currently at a north London police station.
You may also want to watch:
The homicide and major crime command (HMCC), led by Det Chief Insp Jamie Piscopo, is investigating.
Detectives are appealing for anyone who was in the area, who may have seen or heard anything, to come forward.
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 5 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 10 Joe Montemurro says he expects Vivianne Miedema to stay at Arsenal
Anyone with any information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3715, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
The unidentified man is the fourth person to be stabbed to death in Islington this year. Alan Cartwright, 15, was murdered in Caledonian Road in February. Stefan Appleton, 18, was killed in Nightingale Park, Canonbury, in June. Vaso Kakko, 17, died in Yoke Close, Holloway, last month.