Police appeal for information after Holloway stab death
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old man remained in custody this morning, on suspicion of murdering a man in Holloway yesterday afternoon.
Police were called at 1.50pm following reports of a man who had been stabbed in Hilldrop Crescent.
Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended and found the man, who was in his 30s. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Next of kin have been informed. Formal identification and a post-mortem examination have yet to be scheduled.
The 22-year-old man in custody is currently at a north London police station.
You may also want to watch:
The homicide and major crime command (HMCC), led by Det Chief Insp Jamie Piscopo, is investigating.
Detectives are appealing for anyone who was in the area, who may have seen or heard anything, to come forward.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 6 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 7 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 8 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 9 Islington and Camden charity connects generations with winter project
- 10 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
Anyone with any information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3715, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
The unidentified man is the fourth person to be stabbed to death in Islington this year. Alan Cartwright, 15, was murdered in Caledonian Road in February. Stefan Appleton, 18, was killed in Nightingale Park, Canonbury, in June. Vaso Kakko, 17, died in Yoke Close, Holloway, last month.