Police appeal for information after Holloway stab death
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old man remained in custody this morning, on suspicion of murdering a man in Holloway yesterday afternoon.
Police were called at 1.50pm following reports of a man who had been stabbed in Hilldrop Crescent.
Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended and found the man, who was in his 30s. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Next of kin have been informed. Formal identification and a post-mortem examination have yet to be scheduled.
The 22-year-old man in custody is currently at a north London police station.
You may also want to watch:
The homicide and major crime command (HMCC), led by Det Chief Insp Jamie Piscopo, is investigating.
Detectives are appealing for anyone who was in the area, who may have seen or heard anything, to come forward.
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 3 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 4 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque
- 8 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
Anyone with any information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3715, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
The unidentified man is the fourth person to be stabbed to death in Islington this year. Alan Cartwright, 15, was murdered in Caledonian Road in February. Stefan Appleton, 18, was killed in Nightingale Park, Canonbury, in June. Vaso Kakko, 17, died in Yoke Close, Holloway, last month.