Police appeal for information after Holloway stab death
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old man remained in custody this morning, on suspicion of murdering a man in Holloway yesterday afternoon.
Police were called at 1.50pm following reports of a man who had been stabbed in Hilldrop Crescent.
Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended and found the man, who was in his 30s. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Next of kin have been informed. Formal identification and a post-mortem examination have yet to be scheduled.
The 22-year-old man in custody is currently at a north London police station.
You may also want to watch:
The homicide and major crime command (HMCC), led by Det Chief Insp Jamie Piscopo, is investigating.
Detectives are appealing for anyone who was in the area, who may have seen or heard anything, to come forward.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 6 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 7 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
Anyone with any information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3715, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
The unidentified man is the fourth person to be stabbed to death in Islington this year. Alan Cartwright, 15, was murdered in Caledonian Road in February. Stefan Appleton, 18, was killed in Nightingale Park, Canonbury, in June. Vaso Kakko, 17, died in Yoke Close, Holloway, last month.