Police appeal over daylight street attack in Islington
Police are hunting for a thug who launched a vicious attack on a pedestrian in broad daylight.
Detectives are appealing for information after a man accosted and battered a 41-year-old in New North Road, Islington, near an alleyway leading to Morton Road, at around 4.30pm on September 14.
The victim was left with a broken jaw and cuts and bruises, and was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel by ambulance.
Pc Camilla Greenwood, from Islington CID, said: “I am keen to speak to anyone who can assist police in this investigation.
You may also want to watch:
“In particular, we are asking for two females who may have witnessed the assault to come forward and speak to police in confidence.”
The suspect is described as a light-skinned black man, about 5ft 10in tall and aged about 30, who was wearing blue jeans and a caramel-coloured bomber jacket.
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 6 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 7 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Stephen Lawrence Day: Time for racial equality in further education
- 10 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
Anyone with information should call police on (020) 7421 0144 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.