Police appeal over daylight street attack in Islington
Police are hunting for a thug who launched a vicious attack on a pedestrian in broad daylight.
Detectives are appealing for information after a man accosted and battered a 41-year-old in New North Road, Islington, near an alleyway leading to Morton Road, at around 4.30pm on September 14.
The victim was left with a broken jaw and cuts and bruises, and was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel by ambulance.
Pc Camilla Greenwood, from Islington CID, said: “I am keen to speak to anyone who can assist police in this investigation.
You may also want to watch:
“In particular, we are asking for two females who may have witnessed the assault to come forward and speak to police in confidence.”
The suspect is described as a light-skinned black man, about 5ft 10in tall and aged about 30, who was wearing blue jeans and a caramel-coloured bomber jacket.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 6 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 7 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 8 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder
Anyone with information should call police on (020) 7421 0144 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.