Police appeal over daylight street attack in Islington
Police are hunting for a thug who launched a vicious attack on a pedestrian in broad daylight.
Detectives are appealing for information after a man accosted and battered a 41-year-old in New North Road, Islington, near an alleyway leading to Morton Road, at around 4.30pm on September 14.
The victim was left with a broken jaw and cuts and bruises, and was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel by ambulance.
Pc Camilla Greenwood, from Islington CID, said: “I am keen to speak to anyone who can assist police in this investigation.
You may also want to watch:
“In particular, we are asking for two females who may have witnessed the assault to come forward and speak to police in confidence.”
The suspect is described as a light-skinned black man, about 5ft 10in tall and aged about 30, who was wearing blue jeans and a caramel-coloured bomber jacket.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 4 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 7 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 8 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 9 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 10 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
Anyone with information should call police on (020) 7421 0144 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.