Police appeal over daylight street attack in Islington
Police are hunting for a thug who launched a vicious attack on a pedestrian in broad daylight.
Detectives are appealing for information after a man accosted and battered a 41-year-old in New North Road, Islington, near an alleyway leading to Morton Road, at around 4.30pm on September 14.
The victim was left with a broken jaw and cuts and bruises, and was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel by ambulance.
Pc Camilla Greenwood, from Islington CID, said: “I am keen to speak to anyone who can assist police in this investigation.
You may also want to watch:
“In particular, we are asking for two females who may have witnessed the assault to come forward and speak to police in confidence.”
The suspect is described as a light-skinned black man, about 5ft 10in tall and aged about 30, who was wearing blue jeans and a caramel-coloured bomber jacket.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 8 Guilty: MP Claudia Webbe harassed her partner's female friend, magistrate rules
- 9 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 10 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
Anyone with information should call police on (020) 7421 0144 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.