Police appeal over daylight street attack in Islington
Police are hunting for a thug who launched a vicious attack on a pedestrian in broad daylight.
Detectives are appealing for information after a man accosted and battered a 41-year-old in New North Road, Islington, near an alleyway leading to Morton Road, at around 4.30pm on September 14.
The victim was left with a broken jaw and cuts and bruises, and was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel by ambulance.
Pc Camilla Greenwood, from Islington CID, said: “I am keen to speak to anyone who can assist police in this investigation.
“In particular, we are asking for two females who may have witnessed the assault to come forward and speak to police in confidence.”
The suspect is described as a light-skinned black man, about 5ft 10in tall and aged about 30, who was wearing blue jeans and a caramel-coloured bomber jacket.
- 1 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 2 Plea date set for man accused of Sabita Thanwani killing
- 3 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 4 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 5 International food festival coming to Islington this month
- 6 'Mistrust and fear' of services fuelling Islington BAME employment gap, research finds
- 7 'Save Islington's buses': Call for action as sweeping cuts loom
- 8 O2 Centre climb: Entertaining with fantastic panoramic views of London
- 9 Young stars of the design world celebrated at awards
- 10 Call to get vaccinated amid Covid surge
Anyone with information should call police on (020) 7421 0144 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.