Police appeal over Holloway Road phone snatch
- Credit: Archant
Police today launched an appeal for information after a phone snatch in Holloway Road.
Outside St Mary Magdalene Chruch at about 8.15am last Tuesday, a male on a a bicycle snatched the phone from the 28-year-old female victim, who was not injured.
The male rode away from the scene in the company of another male, who was also on a pedal cycle. They are both described as black and of slim build.
The male who snatched the phone was wearing a blue puffa jacket with a hood, grey trousers and a white helmet. His face was covered and he was on a dark coloured pedal cycle, possibly a mountain bike.
The second male was wearing dark trousers, a long sleeve black top, a brown puffa style body warmer and a black baseball cap. He was riding a white pedal cycle.
You may also want to watch:
It was one of thousands of phone snatches that have blighted Islington. There are about 50 recorded incidents every week in the borough.
No arrests have been made. Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 6 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 7 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 8 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 9 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder