Police appeal over Holloway Road phone snatch
- Credit: Archant
Police today launched an appeal for information after a phone snatch in Holloway Road.
Outside St Mary Magdalene Chruch at about 8.15am last Tuesday, a male on a a bicycle snatched the phone from the 28-year-old female victim, who was not injured.
The male rode away from the scene in the company of another male, who was also on a pedal cycle. They are both described as black and of slim build.
The male who snatched the phone was wearing a blue puffa jacket with a hood, grey trousers and a white helmet. His face was covered and he was on a dark coloured pedal cycle, possibly a mountain bike.
The second male was wearing dark trousers, a long sleeve black top, a brown puffa style body warmer and a black baseball cap. He was riding a white pedal cycle.
You may also want to watch:
It was one of thousands of phone snatches that have blighted Islington. There are about 50 recorded incidents every week in the borough.
No arrests have been made. Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 3 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 4 Islington writers among the winners of 2021 awards
- 5 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 6 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 7 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 8 Author inspired by Highbury for debut sci-fi novel about aliens
- 9 Spot tiny art 'gems' along The Parkland Walk
- 10 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding