Police appeal over Holloway Road phone snatch
- Credit: Archant
Police today launched an appeal for information after a phone snatch in Holloway Road.
Outside St Mary Magdalene Chruch at about 8.15am last Tuesday, a male on a a bicycle snatched the phone from the 28-year-old female victim, who was not injured.
The male rode away from the scene in the company of another male, who was also on a pedal cycle. They are both described as black and of slim build.
The male who snatched the phone was wearing a blue puffa jacket with a hood, grey trousers and a white helmet. His face was covered and he was on a dark coloured pedal cycle, possibly a mountain bike.
The second male was wearing dark trousers, a long sleeve black top, a brown puffa style body warmer and a black baseball cap. He was riding a white pedal cycle.
You may also want to watch:
It was one of thousands of phone snatches that have blighted Islington. There are about 50 recorded incidents every week in the borough.
No arrests have been made. Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 5 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 6 Stan Kroenke and the European Super League have killed Arsenal FC
- 7 Elthorne Pride community group's back-to-school initiative
- 8 Islington company offers paid leave for miscarriage sufferers
- 9 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 10 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'