Police cordon set up after ‘gunshots’ heard in Crouch Hill
A police cordon has been set up after reports of gunshots in a street today (Thursday, June 30).
Police received reports of gunshots in Crouch Hill at the junction with Sparsholt Road and suspects running from the scene at 1.30pm.
Witnesses in nearby shops described hearing three shots and a resident saw three teenage boys fleeing on bikes.
Armed police and a firearms recovery dog attended and conducted a search of the area.
But police found no trace of any victims, suspects or evidence of shots being fired.
You may also want to watch:
A man on scene, who did not want to be named, said: “Apparently someone had a shot at someone and missed.”
Police officers left the scene at 3.15pm.
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 4 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 5 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 6 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 7 Summer in the city: 5 Things to do in Islington this weekend
- 8 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 9 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
- 10 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green
Stroud Green Road was closed southbound at Hanley Road just after 1.45pm and police cordons were in place.
Crouch Hill Station was also closed as a precaution.