Police cordon set up after ‘gunshots’ heard in Crouch Hill
A police cordon has been set up after reports of gunshots in a street today (Thursday, June 30).
Police received reports of gunshots in Crouch Hill at the junction with Sparsholt Road and suspects running from the scene at 1.30pm.
Witnesses in nearby shops described hearing three shots and a resident saw three teenage boys fleeing on bikes.
Armed police and a firearms recovery dog attended and conducted a search of the area.
But police found no trace of any victims, suspects or evidence of shots being fired.
You may also want to watch:
A man on scene, who did not want to be named, said: “Apparently someone had a shot at someone and missed.”
Police officers left the scene at 3.15pm.
- 1 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 2 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 5 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 6 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 7 'Exceptional' heroes granted Islington's highest award, the 'Freedom of the Borough'
- 8 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 9 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 10 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
Stroud Green Road was closed southbound at Hanley Road just after 1.45pm and police cordons were in place.
Crouch Hill Station was also closed as a precaution.