Police cordon set up after ‘gunshots’ heard in Crouch Hill
A police cordon has been set up after reports of gunshots in a street today (Thursday, June 30).
Police received reports of gunshots in Crouch Hill at the junction with Sparsholt Road and suspects running from the scene at 1.30pm.
Witnesses in nearby shops described hearing three shots and a resident saw three teenage boys fleeing on bikes.
Armed police and a firearms recovery dog attended and conducted a search of the area.
But police found no trace of any victims, suspects or evidence of shots being fired.
You may also want to watch:
A man on scene, who did not want to be named, said: “Apparently someone had a shot at someone and missed.”
Police officers left the scene at 3.15pm.
- 1 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 2 Arsenal's Women's Super League clash with West Ham postponed
- 3 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 4 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 5 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 6 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 9 Covid and NHS, LTNs and trees versus housing
- 10 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
Stroud Green Road was closed southbound at Hanley Road just after 1.45pm and police cordons were in place.
Crouch Hill Station was also closed as a precaution.