Police cordon set up after ‘gunshots’ heard in Crouch Hill
A police cordon has been set up after reports of gunshots in a street today (Thursday, June 30).
Police received reports of gunshots in Crouch Hill at the junction with Sparsholt Road and suspects running from the scene at 1.30pm.
Witnesses in nearby shops described hearing three shots and a resident saw three teenage boys fleeing on bikes.
Armed police and a firearms recovery dog attended and conducted a search of the area.
But police found no trace of any victims, suspects or evidence of shots being fired.
You may also want to watch:
A man on scene, who did not want to be named, said: “Apparently someone had a shot at someone and missed.”
Police officers left the scene at 3.15pm.
- 1 Can you help identify this man?
- 2 Toxic air, Covid, Ramadan, rehoming cats and Islamophobia
- 3 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- 4 Bowie-inspired bar in Finsbury Park faces opposition
- 5 Islington mayor complains about ‘saturation’ of licenced venues in Archway
- 6 Macmillan CEO thanks retiring Islington firefighter for £25,000 donation
- 7 Church closes Highgate path over 'antisocial behaviour and assault'
- 8 Islington Council racked up nearly £500,000 from LTN fines in 4 months
- 9 Alex Smith murder: Abdirahman Ibrahim found guilty
- 10 Climate change: Nurture nature
Stroud Green Road was closed southbound at Hanley Road just after 1.45pm and police cordons were in place.
Crouch Hill Station was also closed as a precaution.