Police cordon set up after ‘gunshots’ heard in Crouch Hill
A police cordon has been set up after reports of gunshots in a street today (Thursday, June 30).
Police received reports of gunshots in Crouch Hill at the junction with Sparsholt Road and suspects running from the scene at 1.30pm.
Witnesses in nearby shops described hearing three shots and a resident saw three teenage boys fleeing on bikes.
Armed police and a firearms recovery dog attended and conducted a search of the area.
But police found no trace of any victims, suspects or evidence of shots being fired.
A man on scene, who did not want to be named, said: “Apparently someone had a shot at someone and missed.”
Police officers left the scene at 3.15pm.
- 1 40 firefighters called to scene as Highbury flat damaged
- 2 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 3 Gunners pub back open for Premier League climax
- 4 Man accused of sexual assaults in Camden and Islington bailed
- 5 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 6 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 7 Fast food chain Leon launches 80th restaurant in Angel
- 8 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 9 New community mural painted by residents unveiled in Stoke Newington
- 10 Boy, 13, arrested after teenager stabbed in Canonbury
Stroud Green Road was closed southbound at Hanley Road just after 1.45pm and police cordons were in place.
Crouch Hill Station was also closed as a precaution.