Police find gun and drugs stash after Newington Green traffic stop
A MAN and a woman were arrested on suspicion of gun and drugs and offences after a routine traffic stop led police to a far more interesting stash.
Officers pulled over a car in Green Lanes, Newington Green, at 7.45pm yesterday (Tuesday) because it had defective lights and the driver was using his mobile phone.
They searched the 34-year-old driver and found a large quantity of cash which he was unable to account.
He was arrested on suspicion of money laundering and police then went to his home to carry out a further search. There they found a quantity of what is believed to be Class A drugs, a stun gun and drugs paraphernalia.
A 27-year-old woman at the flat was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply Class A drugs and possession of a section 5 firearm.
You may also want to watch:
They both remain in police custody.
- 1 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 4 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 Housing, LTN, Living Wage, child exploitation and charity shops
- 7 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 8 Walk with a map
- 9 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 10 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman