Police find gun and drugs stash after Newington Green traffic stop
A MAN and a woman were arrested on suspicion of gun and drugs and offences after a routine traffic stop led police to a far more interesting stash.
Officers pulled over a car in Green Lanes, Newington Green, at 7.45pm yesterday (Tuesday) because it had defective lights and the driver was using his mobile phone.
They searched the 34-year-old driver and found a large quantity of cash which he was unable to account.
He was arrested on suspicion of money laundering and police then went to his home to carry out a further search. There they found a quantity of what is believed to be Class A drugs, a stun gun and drugs paraphernalia.
A 27-year-old woman at the flat was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply Class A drugs and possession of a section 5 firearm.
They both remain in police custody.
- 1 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 2 Reality TV star's brother ‘wasn't involved in drug-trafficking’, murder trial hears
- 3 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 4 Poorer households in Islington could see council tax cut
- 5 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 6 Festive events lined up for Islington this Christmas
- 7 Call to end Islamophobia in Islington at first awareness event
- 8 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 9 Google rates the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your borough
- 10 Barking MP Margaret Hodge 'will not stand' in next general election