Police find gun and drugs stash after Newington Green traffic stop
A MAN and a woman were arrested on suspicion of gun and drugs and offences after a routine traffic stop led police to a far more interesting stash.
Officers pulled over a car in Green Lanes, Newington Green, at 7.45pm yesterday (Tuesday) because it had defective lights and the driver was using his mobile phone.
They searched the 34-year-old driver and found a large quantity of cash which he was unable to account.
He was arrested on suspicion of money laundering and police then went to his home to carry out a further search. There they found a quantity of what is believed to be Class A drugs, a stun gun and drugs paraphernalia.
A 27-year-old woman at the flat was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply Class A drugs and possession of a section 5 firearm.
You may also want to watch:
They both remain in police custody.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 6 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 7 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 8 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 9 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder