Police hunt racial abuser in Holloway
A man who racially abused two children and punched a wheelchair–bound man in the head is being hunted by police.
A man racially abused two children and punched a wheelchair-bound man in the head.
A 53-year-old disabled man was waiting at a bus stop opposite Kwik Fit in Camden Road, Holloway, at 2.15pm on October 4 when he saw a man racially abusing two Asian schoolchildren.
When the disabled man, who is also Asian, got on the bus the man then approached him and began to shout racist abuse.
The disabled man pushed him away but the thug punched him in the head.
You may also want to watch:
The man continued his racist tirade before delivering a final blow and jumping off the bus near Holloway Prison.
The suspect is a tanned white man, about 40 years old, clean shaven with short dark hair and is of medium build.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 8 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 9 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 10 Mum-of-two 'loses everything' in Islington fire
At the time of the attack he was wearing a black suit jacket and dark coloured trousers.
He spoke with a mock West Indian accent.
Police ask anyone with information to call Pc Rachel Hallam on 0207 421 0296 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.