Police hunt racial abuser in Holloway
A man who racially abused two children and punched a wheelchair–bound man in the head is being hunted by police.
A man racially abused two children and punched a wheelchair-bound man in the head.
A 53-year-old disabled man was waiting at a bus stop opposite Kwik Fit in Camden Road, Holloway, at 2.15pm on October 4 when he saw a man racially abusing two Asian schoolchildren.
When the disabled man, who is also Asian, got on the bus the man then approached him and began to shout racist abuse.
The disabled man pushed him away but the thug punched him in the head.
You may also want to watch:
The man continued his racist tirade before delivering a final blow and jumping off the bus near Holloway Prison.
The suspect is a tanned white man, about 40 years old, clean shaven with short dark hair and is of medium build.
- 1 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 2 Can you help identify this man?
- 3 Shops, pubs and hairdressers reopen across Islington today
- 4 'Light at the end of the tunnel': Upper Street shoppers excited to end lockdown
- 5 Toxic air, Covid, Ramadan, rehoming cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Shannon Courtenay crowned WBA Bantamweight World Champion
- 7 Macmillan CEO thanks retiring Islington firefighter for £25,000 donation
- 8 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- 9 Bowie-inspired bar in Finsbury Park faces opposition
- 10 Islington mayor complains about ‘saturation’ of licenced venues in Archway
At the time of the attack he was wearing a black suit jacket and dark coloured trousers.
He spoke with a mock West Indian accent.
Police ask anyone with information to call Pc Rachel Hallam on 0207 421 0296 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.