Police investigate mystery pool of blood in Finsbury Park
A mysterious pool of blood which appeared in Finsbury Park on Wednesday morning has left residents and police baffled.
The blood was discovered early in the morning on Fonthill Road, in a parking bay on the corner of the junction with Moray Road.
Council street cleaners arrived to spray the tarmac clean after police were seen dusting for fingerprints and checking for evidence in surrounding bins.
A resident, who did not want to be named, told the Gazette: “We didn’t hear one single thing. I’ve just asked my neighbours and the man downstairs and they didn’t either. I had my windows open all night.
“If there is trouble in the pub across the road, I hear it, but last night there was absolutely nothing. I just opened my blinds in the morning, saw all the police and thought: ‘what’s going on?’”
A police spokesman said: “Police were called at 7.30am to reports of blood found on the pavement.
“An area search and local doors were knocked on by police to find out what happened. No victim or suspect was found.
- 1 Siblings open community-oriented park coffee hut
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Schemes submitted or approved in Islington in June
- 3 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
- 4 Karate champion helps children to build confidence through martial arts
- 5 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 6 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 7 Man charged with 1974 murder of woman found in Highbury
- 8 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 9 CCTV: Woman sexually assaulted at Highbury & Islington station
- 10 Islington scammers jailed after preying on elderly victims
“Local hospitals were also called. Officers are investigating further.”