Police investigate mystery pool of blood in Finsbury Park
A mysterious pool of blood which appeared in Finsbury Park on Wednesday morning has left residents and police baffled.
The blood was discovered early in the morning on Fonthill Road, in a parking bay on the corner of the junction with Moray Road.
Council street cleaners arrived to spray the tarmac clean after police were seen dusting for fingerprints and checking for evidence in surrounding bins.
A resident, who did not want to be named, told the Gazette: “We didn’t hear one single thing. I’ve just asked my neighbours and the man downstairs and they didn’t either. I had my windows open all night.
“If there is trouble in the pub across the road, I hear it, but last night there was absolutely nothing. I just opened my blinds in the morning, saw all the police and thought: ‘what’s going on?’”
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “Police were called at 7.30am to reports of blood found on the pavement.
“An area search and local doors were knocked on by police to find out what happened. No victim or suspect was found.
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 6 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 7 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 8 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 9 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder
“Local hospitals were also called. Officers are investigating further.”