Police investigate mystery pool of blood in Finsbury Park
A mysterious pool of blood which appeared in Finsbury Park on Wednesday morning has left residents and police baffled.
The blood was discovered early in the morning on Fonthill Road, in a parking bay on the corner of the junction with Moray Road.
Council street cleaners arrived to spray the tarmac clean after police were seen dusting for fingerprints and checking for evidence in surrounding bins.
A resident, who did not want to be named, told the Gazette: “We didn’t hear one single thing. I’ve just asked my neighbours and the man downstairs and they didn’t either. I had my windows open all night.
“If there is trouble in the pub across the road, I hear it, but last night there was absolutely nothing. I just opened my blinds in the morning, saw all the police and thought: ‘what’s going on?’”
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “Police were called at 7.30am to reports of blood found on the pavement.
“An area search and local doors were knocked on by police to find out what happened. No victim or suspect was found.
- 1 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 2 Arsenal's Women's Super League clash with West Ham postponed
- 3 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 4 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 5 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 6 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 9 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 10 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
“Local hospitals were also called. Officers are investigating further.”