Police investigate mystery pool of blood in Finsbury Park
A mysterious pool of blood which appeared in Finsbury Park on Wednesday morning has left residents and police baffled.
The blood was discovered early in the morning on Fonthill Road, in a parking bay on the corner of the junction with Moray Road.
Council street cleaners arrived to spray the tarmac clean after police were seen dusting for fingerprints and checking for evidence in surrounding bins.
A resident, who did not want to be named, told the Gazette: “We didn’t hear one single thing. I’ve just asked my neighbours and the man downstairs and they didn’t either. I had my windows open all night.
“If there is trouble in the pub across the road, I hear it, but last night there was absolutely nothing. I just opened my blinds in the morning, saw all the police and thought: ‘what’s going on?’”
A police spokesman said: “Police were called at 7.30am to reports of blood found on the pavement.
“An area search and local doors were knocked on by police to find out what happened. No victim or suspect was found.
- 1 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 2 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 3 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 6 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 7 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 8 Holloway BHF pleads for volunteers to help it stay open
- 9 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 10 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
“Local hospitals were also called. Officers are investigating further.”