Police looking for alleged Holloway rape victim
- Credit: Archant
The victim of a serious sexual assault is being sought by police after she fled the scene of the attack in Holloway this morning.
Officers were called to reports of a rape in Caledonian Road at 2.15am today after two members of the public detained a man who they allegedly caught sexually assaulting a young woman.
One of the men told police that he witnessed the attack near Sturmer Way, but the alleged victim fled the scene while they were apprehending the suspect.
The alleged victim of the sexual assault is described as white woman aged between 22 and 27 with curly hair. Police are urging her to contact them immediately.
The 28-year-old man detained by the two men was arrested by police on suspicion of rape and has been taken to a north London police station for questioning.
The victim and suspect are not believed to be known to each other.
An investigation has been launched by the Met’s Sexual Offences, Exploitation and Child Abuse Command.
- 1 Islington's Tory councillor calls for low traffic neighbourhoods to be scrapped
- 2 New nursery promises ‘outstanding childcare’ for Highbury
- 3 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis
- 4 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 5 Residents to quiz council over homes at Holloway Prison site
- 6 Meating climate commitments: are butchers on their way out?
- 7 Reality TV star's brother ‘wasn't involved in drug-trafficking’, murder trial hears
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021
- 10 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
Officers are carrying out patrols in the area to provide reassurance to the local community. Anyone with concerns should speak to officers directly or contact their local Neighbourhood Policing Team.
If you have any information call the incident room on 020 7275 3489 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.