Police looking for alleged Holloway rape victim
- Credit: Archant
The victim of a serious sexual assault is being sought by police after she fled the scene of the attack in Holloway this morning.
Officers were called to reports of a rape in Caledonian Road at 2.15am today after two members of the public detained a man who they allegedly caught sexually assaulting a young woman.
One of the men told police that he witnessed the attack near Sturmer Way, but the alleged victim fled the scene while they were apprehending the suspect.
The alleged victim of the sexual assault is described as white woman aged between 22 and 27 with curly hair. Police are urging her to contact them immediately.
The 28-year-old man detained by the two men was arrested by police on suspicion of rape and has been taken to a north London police station for questioning.
The victim and suspect are not believed to be known to each other.
An investigation has been launched by the Met’s Sexual Offences, Exploitation and Child Abuse Command.
- 1 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 2 Plea date set for man accused of Sabita Thanwani killing
- 3 'Save Islington's buses': Call for action as sweeping cuts loom
- 4 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 5 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 6 Hit Brighton food hall operator to open Upper Street venue
- 7 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 8 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
- 9 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 10 'Mistrust and fear' of services fuelling Islington BAME employment gap, research finds
Officers are carrying out patrols in the area to provide reassurance to the local community. Anyone with concerns should speak to officers directly or contact their local Neighbourhood Policing Team.
If you have any information call the incident room on 020 7275 3489 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.