Police looking for alleged Holloway rape victim
- Credit: Archant
The victim of a serious sexual assault is being sought by police after she fled the scene of the attack in Holloway this morning.
Officers were called to reports of a rape in Caledonian Road at 2.15am today after two members of the public detained a man who they allegedly caught sexually assaulting a young woman.
One of the men told police that he witnessed the attack near Sturmer Way, but the alleged victim fled the scene while they were apprehending the suspect.
The alleged victim of the sexual assault is described as white woman aged between 22 and 27 with curly hair. Police are urging her to contact them immediately.
The 28-year-old man detained by the two men was arrested by police on suspicion of rape and has been taken to a north London police station for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
The victim and suspect are not believed to be known to each other.
An investigation has been launched by the Met’s Sexual Offences, Exploitation and Child Abuse Command.
- 1 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 2 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 3 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 4 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 5 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 New 'ethical' Deliveroo-style service coming to Islington
- 10 Letters: Holloway Prison site development
Officers are carrying out patrols in the area to provide reassurance to the local community. Anyone with concerns should speak to officers directly or contact their local Neighbourhood Policing Team.
If you have any information call the incident room on 020 7275 3489 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.