Police looking for alleged Holloway rape victim
- Credit: Archant
The victim of a serious sexual assault is being sought by police after she fled the scene of the attack in Holloway this morning.
Officers were called to reports of a rape in Caledonian Road at 2.15am today after two members of the public detained a man who they allegedly caught sexually assaulting a young woman.
One of the men told police that he witnessed the attack near Sturmer Way, but the alleged victim fled the scene while they were apprehending the suspect.
The alleged victim of the sexual assault is described as white woman aged between 22 and 27 with curly hair. Police are urging her to contact them immediately.
The 28-year-old man detained by the two men was arrested by police on suspicion of rape and has been taken to a north London police station for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
The victim and suspect are not believed to be known to each other.
An investigation has been launched by the Met’s Sexual Offences, Exploitation and Child Abuse Command.
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 6 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 7 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Stephen Lawrence Day: Time for racial equality in further education
- 10 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
Officers are carrying out patrols in the area to provide reassurance to the local community. Anyone with concerns should speak to officers directly or contact their local Neighbourhood Policing Team.
If you have any information call the incident room on 020 7275 3489 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.