Police looking for alleged Holloway rape victim
- Credit: Archant
The victim of a serious sexual assault is being sought by police after she fled the scene of the attack in Holloway this morning.
Officers were called to reports of a rape in Caledonian Road at 2.15am today after two members of the public detained a man who they allegedly caught sexually assaulting a young woman.
One of the men told police that he witnessed the attack near Sturmer Way, but the alleged victim fled the scene while they were apprehending the suspect.
The alleged victim of the sexual assault is described as white woman aged between 22 and 27 with curly hair. Police are urging her to contact them immediately.
The 28-year-old man detained by the two men was arrested by police on suspicion of rape and has been taken to a north London police station for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
The victim and suspect are not believed to be known to each other.
An investigation has been launched by the Met’s Sexual Offences, Exploitation and Child Abuse Command.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 3 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 4 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 5 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 6 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 9 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 10 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
Officers are carrying out patrols in the area to provide reassurance to the local community. Anyone with concerns should speak to officers directly or contact their local Neighbourhood Policing Team.
If you have any information call the incident room on 020 7275 3489 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.