Police make renewed appeal to find Finsbury Park rape suspect
Police have reissued the image of a man who is on the run suspected of forcing a woman into a car and trying to rape her in Finsbury Park.
Detectives are calling for information and witnesses to the alleged offence against a 22-year-old woman in the early hours of Saturday, July 2, last year.
The victim had been to the Wetherspoon’s pub near Camden Lock with a friend and had caught a train to Finsbury Park station with them before the group made their way to the Wetherspoon’s in Stroud Green Road.
Between 12.30am and 1.20am, the woman was walking along Ferme Park Road near the junction with Ossian Road, when a man grabbed her and forced her into the front passenger seat of a parked car.
The suspect tried to rape her but she fought back, struggled free and ran off. Despite extensive enquiries and the release of this e-fit image last August, detectives have been unable to trace the suspect.
You may also want to watch:
He is described as being male, in his mid-30s with dark hair and stubble, olive skin, quite stocky and with a foreign accent. He was wearing dark clothes. The car is described as being a dark, four-door saloon.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Con Troy de Barry on 020 8345 4512 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 2 Can you help identify this man?
- 3 Shops, pubs and hairdressers reopen across Islington today
- 4 'Light at the end of the tunnel': Upper Street shoppers excited to end lockdown
- 5 Toxic air, Covid, Ramadan, rehoming cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Macmillan CEO thanks retiring Islington firefighter for £25,000 donation
- 7 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- 8 Shannon Courtenay crowned WBA Bantamweight World Champion
- 9 Bowie-inspired bar in Finsbury Park faces opposition
- 10 Islington mayor complains about ‘saturation’ of licenced venues in Archway