Police make renewed appeal to find Finsbury Park rape suspect
Police have reissued the image of a man who is on the run suspected of forcing a woman into a car and trying to rape her in Finsbury Park.
Detectives are calling for information and witnesses to the alleged offence against a 22-year-old woman in the early hours of Saturday, July 2, last year.
The victim had been to the Wetherspoon’s pub near Camden Lock with a friend and had caught a train to Finsbury Park station with them before the group made their way to the Wetherspoon’s in Stroud Green Road.
Between 12.30am and 1.20am, the woman was walking along Ferme Park Road near the junction with Ossian Road, when a man grabbed her and forced her into the front passenger seat of a parked car.
The suspect tried to rape her but she fought back, struggled free and ran off. Despite extensive enquiries and the release of this e-fit image last August, detectives have been unable to trace the suspect.
You may also want to watch:
He is described as being male, in his mid-30s with dark hair and stubble, olive skin, quite stocky and with a foreign accent. He was wearing dark clothes. The car is described as being a dark, four-door saloon.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Con Troy de Barry on 020 8345 4512 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Mum-of-two 'loses everything' in Islington fire