Police make renewed appeal to find Finsbury Park rape suspect
Police have reissued the image of a man who is on the run suspected of forcing a woman into a car and trying to rape her in Finsbury Park.
Detectives are calling for information and witnesses to the alleged offence against a 22-year-old woman in the early hours of Saturday, July 2, last year.
The victim had been to the Wetherspoon’s pub near Camden Lock with a friend and had caught a train to Finsbury Park station with them before the group made their way to the Wetherspoon’s in Stroud Green Road.
Between 12.30am and 1.20am, the woman was walking along Ferme Park Road near the junction with Ossian Road, when a man grabbed her and forced her into the front passenger seat of a parked car.
The suspect tried to rape her but she fought back, struggled free and ran off. Despite extensive enquiries and the release of this e-fit image last August, detectives have been unable to trace the suspect.
You may also want to watch:
He is described as being male, in his mid-30s with dark hair and stubble, olive skin, quite stocky and with a foreign accent. He was wearing dark clothes. The car is described as being a dark, four-door saloon.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Con Troy de Barry on 020 8345 4512 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 3 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 4 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 10 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school