Police patrol Finsbury after residents hear gunshots
- Credit: Archant
Gunshots were heard in Finsbury on Saturday, shortly after a gang of youths were seen roaming the area.
One resident saw a group of about 10 teens with their faces covered prior to police being called to Goswell Road at 6.25pm.
Officers were out in force on Saturday and Sunday and Operation Trident posters have been put up around the area.
A Met spokesman said: “Police were called at 6.25pm to reports of a firearm discharged near Goswell Road.
“No persons were hurt and police firearms officers searched the area. No arrests have been made.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 101.
- 1 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 2 Can you help identify this man?
- 3 Shops, pubs and hairdressers reopen across Islington today
- 4 'Light at the end of the tunnel': Upper Street shoppers excited to end lockdown
- 5 Toxic air, Covid, Ramadan, rehoming cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- 7 Macmillan CEO thanks retiring Islington firefighter for £25,000 donation
- 8 Shannon Courtenay crowned WBA Bantamweight World Champion
- 9 Bowie-inspired bar in Finsbury Park faces opposition
- 10 Islington mayor complains about ‘saturation’ of licenced venues in Archway