Police patrol Finsbury after residents hear gunshots
- Credit: Archant
Gunshots were heard in Finsbury on Saturday, shortly after a gang of youths were seen roaming the area.
One resident saw a group of about 10 teens with their faces covered prior to police being called to Goswell Road at 6.25pm.
Officers were out in force on Saturday and Sunday and Operation Trident posters have been put up around the area.
A Met spokesman said: “Police were called at 6.25pm to reports of a firearm discharged near Goswell Road.
“No persons were hurt and police firearms officers searched the area. No arrests have been made.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 101.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 7 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 8 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 9 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 10 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder