Police patrol Finsbury after residents hear gunshots
- Credit: Archant
Gunshots were heard in Finsbury on Saturday, shortly after a gang of youths were seen roaming the area.
One resident saw a group of about 10 teens with their faces covered prior to police being called to Goswell Road at 6.25pm.
Officers were out in force on Saturday and Sunday and Operation Trident posters have been put up around the area.
A Met spokesman said: “Police were called at 6.25pm to reports of a firearm discharged near Goswell Road.
“No persons were hurt and police firearms officers searched the area. No arrests have been made.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 101.
- 1 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 2 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 3 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 4 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 5 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 6 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 7 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 8 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 9 Can you help identify this man?
- 10 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub