Police patrol Finsbury after residents hear gunshots
- Credit: Archant
Gunshots were heard in Finsbury on Saturday, shortly after a gang of youths were seen roaming the area.
One resident saw a group of about 10 teens with their faces covered prior to police being called to Goswell Road at 6.25pm.
Officers were out in force on Saturday and Sunday and Operation Trident posters have been put up around the area.
A Met spokesman said: “Police were called at 6.25pm to reports of a firearm discharged near Goswell Road.
“No persons were hurt and police firearms officers searched the area. No arrests have been made.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 101.
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Finsbury Park to get its own Pokémon-GO style story