Police patrol Finsbury after residents hear gunshots
- Credit: Archant
Gunshots were heard in Finsbury on Saturday, shortly after a gang of youths were seen roaming the area.
One resident saw a group of about 10 teens with their faces covered prior to police being called to Goswell Road at 6.25pm.
Officers were out in force on Saturday and Sunday and Operation Trident posters have been put up around the area.
A Met spokesman said: “Police were called at 6.25pm to reports of a firearm discharged near Goswell Road.
“No persons were hurt and police firearms officers searched the area. No arrests have been made.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 101.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 3 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 6 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 7 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 10 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school