Police raid Finsbury cannabis factory
POLICE have seized �16,000 worth of drugs after uncovering a massive cannabis factory in Finsbury today.
Specialist police officers discovered 53 cannabis plants during the raid at a flat in Coltash Court in Whitecross Street. No arrests have been made in connection with the incident and it is believed the house was being used solely to grow the Class B substance.
Officers in the south Islington Problem Solving Team executed the search warrant after the Bunhill Safer Neighbourhood Team supplied information that there was suspected drug use at the address.
During the search, officers also found hydroponic lights to help the plants flourish, which is a fire hazard and involves stealing electricity from the energy provider.
Sergeant Liam Redrup, who carried out the raid, said: “Our team is available to give extra support to neighbourhood teams as we have specialist knowledge and experience which can help them solve problems in their wards. In this case, we have closed a cannabis factory putting a stop to drug cultivation in this area, which helps to tackle crime involving drugs.”
Police are now applying for a closure order for the flat to prevent further illegal activities at the property. Anyone with information on the individuals who were growing drugs at the flat is asked to contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or the Metropolitan Police Service on 0300 123 1212.
- 1 Family appeal for help to find Islington man missing for more than two weeks
- 2 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 3 How much do you know about Islington?
- 4 Bull's head with links to 'Cally Market' going under the hammer
- 5 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
- 6 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 8 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 9 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?