Police release image after suspected burglary in Finsbury Park
- Credit: Archant
A suspected burglar was surprised by a quick-thinking victim who snapped him in the act.
The occupant of a flat in Blackstock Road, Finsbury Park, was in his sitting room on August 2 at about 6.40am when the bathroom door opened and a stranger appeared in the hallway.
Police believe the suspect clambered onto the flat roof and got in through the bathroom window, which was open.
He claimed he was in the wrong flat and left, but not before the occupant got a picture of him.
He was slim, with short hair and a black moustache and was wearing grey skinny jeans and black and grey trainers.
You may also want to watch:
Officers have released a picture of a man they wish to speak to in connection with the incident.
Anyone who knows him, or has any other information which could help with the investigation, can call Det Cons Matt Whalley of Islington CID on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 4 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 Housing, LTN, Living Wage, child exploitation and charity shops
- 7 Walk with a map
- 8 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 9 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 10 Can you help identify this man?