Police search for clues after Finsbury Park sexual assault
- Credit: Archant
Police are combing parts of Finsbury Park for clues after a woman was reported to have been the victim of a serious sexual assault this afternoon (Monday).
Wells Terrace has been cordoned off by officers after a 43-year-old woman was alleged to have been sexually assaulted outside Finsbury Park Station.
An area outside the station was also cordoned off for an hour after officers from Islington Police and British Transport Police were called at around 12.30pm.
A BTP spokesman said: “BTP officers were called to Finsbury Park underground station on Monday, 7 October following a report of a serious sexual assault outside the station.
“The incident was reported at 12.30pm and was attended by officers from BTP and the Metropolitan Police, and London Ambulance Service.
You may also want to watch:
“During the incident, a 43-year-old woman is believed to have been sexually assaulted by a man outside the station.
“A cordon established near the station was taken down at 1.45pm, and the incident is now being investigated by the Metropolitan Police.”
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 3 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 4 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 5 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 6 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 7 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 10 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police confirmed it was investigating an allegation of serious sexual assault.