Police search for clues after Finsbury Park sexual assault
- Credit: Archant
Police are combing parts of Finsbury Park for clues after a woman was reported to have been the victim of a serious sexual assault this afternoon (Monday).
Wells Terrace has been cordoned off by officers after a 43-year-old woman was alleged to have been sexually assaulted outside Finsbury Park Station.
An area outside the station was also cordoned off for an hour after officers from Islington Police and British Transport Police were called at around 12.30pm.
A BTP spokesman said: “BTP officers were called to Finsbury Park underground station on Monday, 7 October following a report of a serious sexual assault outside the station.
“The incident was reported at 12.30pm and was attended by officers from BTP and the Metropolitan Police, and London Ambulance Service.
You may also want to watch:
“During the incident, a 43-year-old woman is believed to have been sexually assaulted by a man outside the station.
“A cordon established near the station was taken down at 1.45pm, and the incident is now being investigated by the Metropolitan Police.”
- 1 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 2 Can you help identify this man?
- 3 Shops, pubs and hairdressers reopen across Islington today
- 4 Toxic air, Covid, Ramadan, rehoming cats and Islamophobia
- 5 'Light at the end of the tunnel': Upper Street shoppers excited to end lockdown
- 6 Macmillan CEO thanks retiring Islington firefighter for £25,000 donation
- 7 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- 8 Shannon Courtenay crowned WBA Bantamweight World Champion
- 9 Bowie-inspired bar in Finsbury Park faces opposition
- 10 Islington mayor complains about ‘saturation’ of licenced venues in Archway
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police confirmed it was investigating an allegation of serious sexual assault.