Police search for clues after Finsbury Park sexual assault
- Credit: Archant
Police are combing parts of Finsbury Park for clues after a woman was reported to have been the victim of a serious sexual assault this afternoon (Monday).
Wells Terrace has been cordoned off by officers after a 43-year-old woman was alleged to have been sexually assaulted outside Finsbury Park Station.
An area outside the station was also cordoned off for an hour after officers from Islington Police and British Transport Police were called at around 12.30pm.
A BTP spokesman said: “BTP officers were called to Finsbury Park underground station on Monday, 7 October following a report of a serious sexual assault outside the station.
“The incident was reported at 12.30pm and was attended by officers from BTP and the Metropolitan Police, and London Ambulance Service.
You may also want to watch:
“During the incident, a 43-year-old woman is believed to have been sexually assaulted by a man outside the station.
“A cordon established near the station was taken down at 1.45pm, and the incident is now being investigated by the Metropolitan Police.”
- 1 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 6 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police confirmed it was investigating an allegation of serious sexual assault.