Police search for teen missing from Finsbury Park for seven years
- Credit: Archant
Police officers in Islington continue to search for a 16 year-old man who went missing seven years ago, after he failed to return to his family home in Finsbury Park.
Alex Sloley’s family has not heard from him since 11 July 2008 at approximately midday after he visited a friend in Enfield.
Accountancy student Alex was 16 when he went missing and he would be 24 now. He had little money, no wallet and no bag with extra clothes to indicate he was planning to run away. His family have had no contact with him since he went missing in 2008.
PC Dan Lewis from Islington Missing Person Unit said: “Alex has been missing for over seven years and this is a very distressing time for his family. Enquiries are continuing and we are keen to speak to anyone who has any information about Alex both prior to and since he has gone missing. It is important for us to build up a picture of events leading up to Alex going missing so that all lines of enquiry can be followed up.
“We are hoping that this re-appeal will trigger someone’s memory so they can come forward with new information. I urge anyone with information on his whereabouts to call us immediately or speak to Crimestoppers anonymously. I would also appeal to Alex that if you are in any kind of trouble then we can help you, just call your family or the police to let us know you are safe.”
At the time of his disappearance Alex was described as a light skinned black man, 5ft 5ins tall, medium build with striking blue eyes.
Anyone with information should call the Islington police Missing Person Unit on 020 7421 0185 or Missing People on 116 000 quoting reference 08MIS018876.
- 1 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 2 Reality TV star's brother ‘wasn't involved in drug-trafficking’, murder trial hears
- 3 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 4 Poorer households in Islington could see council tax cut
- 5 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 6 Festive events lined up for Islington this Christmas
- 7 Call to end Islamophobia in Islington at first awareness event
- 8 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 9 Google rates the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your borough
- 10 Barking MP Margaret Hodge 'will not stand' in next general election