Police search for teen missing from Finsbury Park for seven years
- Credit: Archant
Police officers in Islington continue to search for a 16 year-old man who went missing seven years ago, after he failed to return to his family home in Finsbury Park.
Alex Sloley’s family has not heard from him since 11 July 2008 at approximately midday after he visited a friend in Enfield.
Accountancy student Alex was 16 when he went missing and he would be 24 now. He had little money, no wallet and no bag with extra clothes to indicate he was planning to run away. His family have had no contact with him since he went missing in 2008.
PC Dan Lewis from Islington Missing Person Unit said: “Alex has been missing for over seven years and this is a very distressing time for his family. Enquiries are continuing and we are keen to speak to anyone who has any information about Alex both prior to and since he has gone missing. It is important for us to build up a picture of events leading up to Alex going missing so that all lines of enquiry can be followed up.
“We are hoping that this re-appeal will trigger someone’s memory so they can come forward with new information. I urge anyone with information on his whereabouts to call us immediately or speak to Crimestoppers anonymously. I would also appeal to Alex that if you are in any kind of trouble then we can help you, just call your family or the police to let us know you are safe.”
You may also want to watch:
At the time of his disappearance Alex was described as a light skinned black man, 5ft 5ins tall, medium build with striking blue eyes.
Anyone with information should call the Islington police Missing Person Unit on 020 7421 0185 or Missing People on 116 000 quoting reference 08MIS018876.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 8 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years