Police search for two men in connection with Essex Road shooting
- Credit: Archant
Police are now searching for two men in connection with Monday’s shooting on Essex Road.
Witnesses saw the men fleeing from the scene on dark-coloured mopeds shortly after the shooting which took place at around 1pm.
A 23-year-old man suffered life changing injuries and witnesses said he was shot in the back – he was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a serious condition.
It had been thought that the man may have been shot when a gun went off by accident in his rucksack, but the focus of the investigation is now on finding the two suspects.
The firearm is yet to be found.
You may also want to watch:
A staff member at the Angel Cafe, just yards from where the incident took place, said: “I looked out of the window and saw him there on the pavement.
“The police were all over him – he was wearing a white t-shirt and you could see the bullet hole and the blood on his shirt.
- 1 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 2 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 5 Crime plummeted in Islington during Covid pandemic, new figures reveal
- 6 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 7 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 8 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 9 David Dein: Former Arsenal chief shares top tips for success
- 10 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'
“At first I thought the police might have shot him.”
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8358 0711