Police search for two men in connection with Essex Road shooting
- Credit: Archant
Police are now searching for two men in connection with Monday’s shooting on Essex Road.
Witnesses saw the men fleeing from the scene on dark-coloured mopeds shortly after the shooting which took place at around 1pm.
A 23-year-old man suffered life changing injuries and witnesses said he was shot in the back – he was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a serious condition.
It had been thought that the man may have been shot when a gun went off by accident in his rucksack, but the focus of the investigation is now on finding the two suspects.
The firearm is yet to be found.
A staff member at the Angel Cafe, just yards from where the incident took place, said: “I looked out of the window and saw him there on the pavement.
“The police were all over him – he was wearing a white t-shirt and you could see the bullet hole and the blood on his shirt.
- 1 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 2 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 3 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 4 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 5 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 6 More than 18,000 Covid breach fines issued by Met during lockdowns
- 7 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 8 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 9 How many alcohol-related fires were there in your borough last year?
- 10 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
“At first I thought the police might have shot him.”
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8358 0711