Police seek man after Islington woman sexually touched twice on tube
- Credit: Archant
A man is being sought by police after an Islington woman was groped twice on the Tube.
The victim, who is in her 20s, was touched inappropriately two separate occasions on the Northern Line this year – she believes it was the same both times
On a weekday morning in late February she got on a southbound train at Tufnell Park between 8.30 and 9am.
While she stood on the packed train, a man began to grope her - the tube was so crowded she couldn’t turn around but got a good look at him when he got off at Euston.
Then four months later, on another weekday morning in early June at the same time of day, she saw the same man. He sexually touched her again as the train travelled between Camden Town and Euston stations.
You may also want to watch:
The woman didn’t approach British Transport Police (BTP) until she saw him for a third time in late June.
Officers have since looked at hours of CCTV footage and think he might be behind similar crimes across London.
- 1 Family appeal for help to find Islington man missing for more than two weeks
- 2 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 3 Overground suspended in Hackney and Islington
- 4 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 5 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 6 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 7 Even better than the real thing? Tribute bands to see in north London before 2022
- 8 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 9 Islington food bank sees applicants triple
- 10 'You can see where their priorities are': Islington reacts to the Budget
Det Con Allan McTaggart, form BTP, said: “This woman has taken the very brave step of reporting this unwanted sexual behaviour, and I would urge any other victims to do the same: their evidence might prove crucial in catching the man responsible.
“This was a deeply-unpleasant incident for the woman involved, and the fact that the man has targeted her on two occasion is concerning. We take unwanted sexual behaviour extremely seriously and I would like to hear from anyone who recognises this man, or has any further information which could assist the investigation.”
Officers have now released a CCTV image of a man they are trying to urgently trace in relation to the matter.
Anyone with information can contact BTP on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting reference TSUB/B10 of 18/07/2014.
Information can also be passed anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.