Police seek man after Islington woman sexually touched twice on tube
- Credit: Archant
A man is being sought by police after an Islington woman was groped twice on the Tube.
The victim, who is in her 20s, was touched inappropriately two separate occasions on the Northern Line this year – she believes it was the same both times
On a weekday morning in late February she got on a southbound train at Tufnell Park between 8.30 and 9am.
While she stood on the packed train, a man began to grope her - the tube was so crowded she couldn’t turn around but got a good look at him when he got off at Euston.
Then four months later, on another weekday morning in early June at the same time of day, she saw the same man. He sexually touched her again as the train travelled between Camden Town and Euston stations.
You may also want to watch:
The woman didn’t approach British Transport Police (BTP) until she saw him for a third time in late June.
Officers have since looked at hours of CCTV footage and think he might be behind similar crimes across London.
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 8 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 9 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 10 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque
Det Con Allan McTaggart, form BTP, said: “This woman has taken the very brave step of reporting this unwanted sexual behaviour, and I would urge any other victims to do the same: their evidence might prove crucial in catching the man responsible.
“This was a deeply-unpleasant incident for the woman involved, and the fact that the man has targeted her on two occasion is concerning. We take unwanted sexual behaviour extremely seriously and I would like to hear from anyone who recognises this man, or has any further information which could assist the investigation.”
Officers have now released a CCTV image of a man they are trying to urgently trace in relation to the matter.
Anyone with information can contact BTP on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting reference TSUB/B10 of 18/07/2014.
Information can also be passed anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.