Police hunting violent shoplifter who steals booze from Stroud Green Road Tesco
- Credit: Archant
Police are trying to track down a prolific shoplifter who assaulted a man and has twice pulled weapons when confronted about stealing booze from Tesco in Stroud Green Road.
Detectives have now released CCTV of a man they want to speak to over the three separate incidents at the end of last year.
On November 27 the culprit stole six bottles of whiskey at midday and then brandished a knife when challenged by security staff outside the supermarket.
A week later, on December 3, he stole four bottles of Champagne and threatened staff with a screwdriver when confronted.
Then on December 9 at about 6.15pm he attacked a man who tried to stop him leaving the shop without paying for a bottle of cider.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Russell Harvey, who is leading the investigation, said: “I’m keen to identify the man in the CCTV footage in relation to these offences.
“This man has used and threatened violence with weapons and I’m sure he’ll offend again if not stopped.
- 1 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 2 Can you help identify this man?
- 3 Shops, pubs and hairdressers reopen across Islington today
- 4 'Light at the end of the tunnel': Upper Street shoppers excited to end lockdown
- 5 Toxic air, Covid, Ramadan, rehoming cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Macmillan CEO thanks retiring Islington firefighter for £25,000 donation
- 7 Shannon Courtenay crowned WBA Bantamweight World Champion
- 8 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- 9 Bowie-inspired bar in Finsbury Park faces opposition
- 10 Islington mayor complains about ‘saturation’ of licenced venues in Archway
“This type of prolific and brazen behaviour cannot continue and I urge anyone with information on this man’s whereabouts to get in touch and help us prevent this from happening again.”
Anyone with information can contact police on 101 quoting CAD 3646/3 December 2017, tweet @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.