Police hunting violent shoplifter who steals booze from Stroud Green Road Tesco
- Credit: Archant
Police are trying to track down a prolific shoplifter who assaulted a man and has twice pulled weapons when confronted about stealing booze from Tesco in Stroud Green Road.
Detectives have now released CCTV of a man they want to speak to over the three separate incidents at the end of last year.
On November 27 the culprit stole six bottles of whiskey at midday and then brandished a knife when challenged by security staff outside the supermarket.
A week later, on December 3, he stole four bottles of Champagne and threatened staff with a screwdriver when confronted.
Then on December 9 at about 6.15pm he attacked a man who tried to stop him leaving the shop without paying for a bottle of cider.
Det Con Russell Harvey, who is leading the investigation, said: “I’m keen to identify the man in the CCTV footage in relation to these offences.
“This man has used and threatened violence with weapons and I’m sure he’ll offend again if not stopped.
- 1 Siblings open community-oriented park coffee hut
- 2 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Schemes submitted or approved in Islington in June
- 4 Karate champion helps children to build confidence through martial arts
- 5 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 6 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 7 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 8 Man charged with 1974 murder of woman found in Highbury
- 9 CCTV: Woman sexually assaulted at Highbury & Islington station
- 10 Islington scammers jailed after preying on elderly victims
“This type of prolific and brazen behaviour cannot continue and I urge anyone with information on this man’s whereabouts to get in touch and help us prevent this from happening again.”
Anyone with information can contact police on 101 quoting CAD 3646/3 December 2017, tweet @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.