‘Prolific’ Islington cocaine and heroin dealer jailed for eight years
- Credit: Archant
A drug dealer – jailed for eight years on Friday – had been bailed after police caught him with £2,000 of cocaine and heroin in Holloway.
Three months later, officers searched Bismark Nkansah’s home in Beachcroft Way, Hornsey Rise – and found a further £11,000 of cocaine and heroin.
Nkansah, 30, was sentenced to eight years in prison at Blackfriars Crown Court. He had admitted two counts of possession with intent to supply Class A drugs. He also had £3,300 confiscated.
On July 18, Nkansah was stopped on Dalmeny Road after police witnessed him supply another man with drugs from the back of a vehicle. The vehicle was stopped and officers found 142 wraps of cocaine, 115 wraps of heroin and £300 in cash. The drugs had a street value of over £2,000.
He was charged and bailed to appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on September 22 – when he was bailed again.
You may also want to watch:
On October 18, officers from the Islington Gangs Unit gained a warrant to search his home, where they found heroin and cocaine with a street value of £11,000, £3,000 in cash, drugs paraphernalia and 16 mobile phones.
Det Cons Ben Glinski of Islington Gangs Unit who led the investigation, said it was an example of “excellent policing”.
- 1 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 2 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 3 Club Curling comes to Coal Drops Yard in King’s Cross
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 7 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 8 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 9 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 10 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
He added: “It has taken another prolific drug dealer from the streets of Islington. These dealers are a blight on the community and they are making large amounts of money out of the dependency and misery of others. The long custodial sentence is entirely justified.”