Quick-thinking cops who stopped girls’ suicide bid honoured by police
- Credit: Archant
Pcs Christopher Hough and Kirk Daniel saved a young girl’s life after she took an overdose of painkillers.
The 17-year-old had contacted Childline online and told them she was trying to kill herself.
After getting the IP address from the charity, the officers headed to the house and found a mum, two daughters and a son, who all said they knew nothing about it.
One of the girls was behaving strangely. She was called Kate and the username used on the Childline website was Miss Kitty Kat, which made the officer suspicious.
They talked to the mum, who said the girl was always like this and was behaving normally. They checked her computer but all the history had been deleted.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, after an hour of talking to the teenager, she admitted she had taken an overdose of paracetamol tablets.
They called an ambulance and the girl’s life was saved.
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 6 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 7 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Music production school leaves Abbey Road for move to Angel Studios
- 10 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes