Quick-thinking cops who stopped girls’ suicide bid honoured by police
- Credit: Archant
Pcs Christopher Hough and Kirk Daniel saved a young girl’s life after she took an overdose of painkillers.
The 17-year-old had contacted Childline online and told them she was trying to kill herself.
After getting the IP address from the charity, the officers headed to the house and found a mum, two daughters and a son, who all said they knew nothing about it.
One of the girls was behaving strangely. She was called Kate and the username used on the Childline website was Miss Kitty Kat, which made the officer suspicious.
They talked to the mum, who said the girl was always like this and was behaving normally. They checked her computer but all the history had been deleted.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, after an hour of talking to the teenager, she admitted she had taken an overdose of paracetamol tablets.
They called an ambulance and the girl’s life was saved.
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque
- 8 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 9 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?