Reveller left with fractured jaw after being kicked in head in brutal City Road assault
- Credit: Archant
Do you know these men? Police are appealing for information after a victim was floored and repeatedly kicked in the head in a brutal City Road attack.
The Met this afternoon released CCTV stills of two suspects they want to trace.
Officers were called to City Road at about 3.30am on July 27. Three men had approached a large group of revellers on their way home from a night out.
The victim, 20, was attacked after he asked two men to leave when they began talking to female members of the group.
He was punched to the ground by one of the three suspects, and a 19-year-old man in the victim’s group was also assaulted after he tried to intervene. They also pushed a woman, 22, to the ground when she tried to intervene.
You may also want to watch:
The 20-year-old man was then subjected to the sustained attack, which left with a fractured jaw and fractured finger.
Det Cons Jess Cutler-Shepherd said: “This was a vicious assault carried out after a minor dispute, which has left one of the young victims with serious injuries.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 3 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 4 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 5 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 6 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 7 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 8 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 9 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 10 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
“If you recognise either of the men in the images, we would ask that you get in touch with us.”
Anyone with information is asked to call 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.