Reveller left with fractured jaw after being kicked in head in brutal City Road assault
- Credit: Archant
Do you know these men? Police are appealing for information after a victim was floored and repeatedly kicked in the head in a brutal City Road attack.
The Met this afternoon released CCTV stills of two suspects they want to trace.
Officers were called to City Road at about 3.30am on July 27. Three men had approached a large group of revellers on their way home from a night out.
The victim, 20, was attacked after he asked two men to leave when they began talking to female members of the group.
He was punched to the ground by one of the three suspects, and a 19-year-old man in the victim’s group was also assaulted after he tried to intervene. They also pushed a woman, 22, to the ground when she tried to intervene.
You may also want to watch:
The 20-year-old man was then subjected to the sustained attack, which left with a fractured jaw and fractured finger.
Det Cons Jess Cutler-Shepherd said: “This was a vicious assault carried out after a minor dispute, which has left one of the young victims with serious injuries.
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 3 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 4 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 5 Barnsbury homes evacuated after burst Thames Water pipe floods basements
- 6 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 7 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Angel Comedy Club launches mockumentary series to save venue
- 10 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
“If you recognise either of the men in the images, we would ask that you get in touch with us.”
Anyone with information is asked to call 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.