Man in his 40s arrested after attempted rape in York Way
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after an attempted rape in King’s Cross this morning.
Police were called at 3am to York Way, and arrested a man at the scene in his 40s.
He was arrested on suspicion of attempted rape, and possession of class A drugs. He remains in custody.
The female victim is being supported by specialist Metropolitan Police officers.
A crime scene is still in place. Police have also closed a northbound section of the Camden Park Road from Market Road to the Camden Road in Holloway.
You may also want to watch:
Police enquiries continue.
- 1 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 5 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 6 Stan Kroenke and the European Super League have killed Arsenal FC
- 7 Elthorne Pride community group's back-to-school initiative
- 8 Islington company offers paid leave for miscarriage sufferers
- 9 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 10 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'