Man in his 40s arrested after attempted rape in York Way
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after an attempted rape in King’s Cross this morning.
Police were called at 3am to York Way, and arrested a man at the scene in his 40s.
He was arrested on suspicion of attempted rape, and possession of class A drugs. He remains in custody.
The female victim is being supported by specialist Metropolitan Police officers.
A crime scene is still in place. Police have also closed a northbound section of the Camden Park Road from Market Road to the Camden Road in Holloway.
You may also want to watch:
Police enquiries continue.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 6 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 7 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 8 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 9 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder