Man in his 40s arrested after attempted rape in York Way
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after an attempted rape in King’s Cross this morning.
Police were called at 3am to York Way, and arrested a man at the scene in his 40s.
He was arrested on suspicion of attempted rape, and possession of class A drugs. He remains in custody.
The female victim is being supported by specialist Metropolitan Police officers.
A crime scene is still in place. Police have also closed a northbound section of the Camden Park Road from Market Road to the Camden Road in Holloway.
You may also want to watch:
Police enquiries continue.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 8 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 9 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants
- 10 'Havoc' as squirrels invade Old Street council block