RSPCA appeal after man seen throwing almost hatched eggs off York Way Airbnb balcony
- Credit: Archant
The RSPCA is appealing for information after a man was seen throwing eggs out of a nest from an Airbnb balcony in York Way.
The charity was called by an upset witness on March 3, and is now asking anyone who knows the property to come forward. The pigeon eggs were about to hatch.
Acting chief inspector Clare Dew said: “The caller saw a male on a balcony throwing eggs out of a nest – the pictures we have show the devastating result of what he did.
“This is a very upsetting situation as clearly these birds were about to hatch, the mother returned back to her nest to tend to her eggs that afternoon which was just heartbreaking to see.
“Sadly some people feel pigeons are a problem and we do regularly hear of people sweeping them off balconies.
You may also want to watch:
“However, I’d like to take this opportunity to remind people that destroying the nest of any wild bird, unless under licence, is a serious offence.
“Birds, their nests and their eggs are protected under the Wildlife and Countryside Act – the potential penalty for this is an unlimited fine and/or up to six months in prison.”
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 6 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 7 'Havoc' as squirrels invade Old Street council block
- 8 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 9 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants
- 10 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
Anyone with information can call 0300 123 8018.