‘Ruthless gang’ stole catalytic converter from my Prius, says Highbury man
- Credit: Archant
A “ruthless gang” keeps pinching catalytic converters from a Highbury man’s Toyota Prius, he says.
Graham Burns, 54, says he confronted two thieves jacking the converter from under his car in Offord Road last week, before they sped off into the night. It was the second time in as many months this has happened.
Barnsbury police told the Gazette it had only recorded two such crimes in Offord Road in the past six months, presumably both in relation to Graham’s car.
“There is obviously a ruthless gang doing this,” Graham told this paper. “They were scary.
“The car sped down the road, stopped, ripped the [converter] out quite violently, and then drove off with the hatchback up so you couldn’t see the number plate.
You may also want to watch:
“They sell them for the metals but I don’t know how much they make off them, £100?
“But they’ve put us through a great inconvenience. We can’t use the car and it costs £1,000 to replace it.”
- 1 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 2 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 3 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 4 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 5 Arsenal's Women's Super League clash with West Ham postponed
- 6 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 7 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 10 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway