Samurai sword and meat cleaver found after another Islington stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers arrested, one remains in hospital with serious injuries
Two teenagers have been arrested, and a samurai sword and a meat cleaver seized by police, following a broad daylight stabbing in Islington yesterday.
A 16-year-old boy, who is in a serious condition in hospital, was arrested by police following the incident which happened in Englefield Road.
Another boy, also 16, was seen running near to the scene shortly afterwards. He was taken to a north London police station where he remains in custody.
Both teenagers were arrested on suspicion of possessing a bladed article after officers recovered a samurai sword and a meat cleaver.
You may also want to watch:
Police said the injured teen’s injuries were not life threatening.
- 1 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 2 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 5 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 9 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham