Samurai sword and meat cleaver found after another Islington stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers arrested, one remains in hospital with serious injuries
Two teenagers have been arrested, and a samurai sword and a meat cleaver seized by police, following a broad daylight stabbing in Islington yesterday.
A 16-year-old boy, who is in a serious condition in hospital, was arrested by police following the incident which happened in Englefield Road.
Another boy, also 16, was seen running near to the scene shortly afterwards. He was taken to a north London police station where he remains in custody.
Both teenagers were arrested on suspicion of possessing a bladed article after officers recovered a samurai sword and a meat cleaver.
You may also want to watch:
Police said the injured teen’s injuries were not life threatening.
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 4 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 5 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 6 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 7 Summer in the city: 5 Things to do in Islington this weekend
- 8 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 9 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
- 10 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green