Samurai sword and meat cleaver found after another Islington stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers arrested, one remains in hospital with serious injuries
Two teenagers have been arrested, and a samurai sword and a meat cleaver seized by police, following a broad daylight stabbing in Islington yesterday.
A 16-year-old boy, who is in a serious condition in hospital, was arrested by police following the incident which happened in Englefield Road.
Another boy, also 16, was seen running near to the scene shortly afterwards. He was taken to a north London police station where he remains in custody.
Both teenagers were arrested on suspicion of possessing a bladed article after officers recovered a samurai sword and a meat cleaver.
You may also want to watch:
Police said the injured teen’s injuries were not life threatening.
- 1 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 2 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 5 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 6 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 7 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 8 'Exceptional' heroes granted Islington's highest award, the 'Freedom of the Borough'
- 9 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 10 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?