Second arrest in hunt for Islington double murderers
Detectives investigating a double shooting which left two men dead have arrested a second man on suspicion of murder.
The 41-year-old was arrested at 5pm today and is currently being questioned at an east London police station by police hunting the killers of Lee Wallace, 25, and Jayson Hassan, 28.
A 27-year-old man arrested on Friday was released on bail on Sunday.
The two victims were gunned down outside Strang House, on the Cummings Estate, off Britannia Row, Islington, on November 9.
Wallace, of Broadway, Loughton, died at the scene. Hassan, of Horatio Street, Bethnal Green, died the following day in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the shootings should call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 5 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 6 Stan Kroenke and the European Super League have killed Arsenal FC
- 7 Islington company offers paid leave for miscarriage sufferers
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 10 Elthorne Pride community group's back-to-school initiative