Second arrest in hunt for Islington double murderers
Detectives investigating a double shooting which left two men dead have arrested a second man on suspicion of murder.
The 41-year-old was arrested at 5pm today and is currently being questioned at an east London police station by police hunting the killers of Lee Wallace, 25, and Jayson Hassan, 28.
A 27-year-old man arrested on Friday was released on bail on Sunday.
The two victims were gunned down outside Strang House, on the Cummings Estate, off Britannia Row, Islington, on November 9.
Wallace, of Broadway, Loughton, died at the scene. Hassan, of Horatio Street, Bethnal Green, died the following day in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the shootings should call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 8 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 9 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder