Second arrest in hunt for Islington double murderers
Detectives investigating a double shooting which left two men dead have arrested a second man on suspicion of murder.
The 41-year-old was arrested at 5pm today and is currently being questioned at an east London police station by police hunting the killers of Lee Wallace, 25, and Jayson Hassan, 28.
A 27-year-old man arrested on Friday was released on bail on Sunday.
The two victims were gunned down outside Strang House, on the Cummings Estate, off Britannia Row, Islington, on November 9.
Wallace, of Broadway, Loughton, died at the scene. Hassan, of Horatio Street, Bethnal Green, died the following day in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the shootings should call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 4 Letters: Environment and tenants' manifesto
- 5 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 6 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 7 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 8 Two 17-year-olds charged after alleged knifepoint robbery in Highgate
- 9 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 10 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding