Second man arrested after breaching ban from Holloway estate
A second member of a gang that terrorised an estate has been arrested for returning to the area.
The 20-year-old breached an injunction banning him from the Andover estate, off Seven Sisters Road, Holloway, after allegations the group were hanging around the area drinking and taking drugs.
As part of a huge mistake by Islington Council, the personal details of those who had complained about the bad behaviour were given to the gang – and the council is still unable to say if anyone has been punished for the blunder.
The man was arrested on October 25 after returning to the estate and was handed a 28 day sentence suspended for one year by Clerkenwell and Shoreditch County Court.
Last month another member of the gang, Anthony Ahmet, 22, from Hazelwood Drive, St Albans, was jailed for 28 days after being spotted on the estate.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Paul Convery, Islington Council’s executive member for community safety, said: “We took decisive action to ban a number of people from the Andover estate to tackle local problems.
“If people ignore the ban and return to the estate, they will face arrest, court and prison, as these two cases show. We are keeping a close eye on the area and will enforce the ban.”
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Finsbury Park drugs misuse centre put into special measures
- 4 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 6 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 7 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 8 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 9 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 10 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
To report anti-social behaviour in Islington, call the council’s ASB team on 020 7527 7272 on or go to www.islington.gov.uk/reportasb