Second man bailed over Islington double killing
A SECOND man arrested over a double shooting on the streets of Islington has been released on bail.
The 41-year-old was picked up last Tuesday by detectives hunting the killers of Lee Wallace and Jayson Hassan.
He has been ordered to report back to police in mid-December, along with a 27-year-old man arrested a few days earlier.
The men, who are both believed to be from east London, were arrested on suspicion of murder.
Mr Wallace and Mr Hassan were gunned down outside Strang House, on the Cummings Estate, off Britannia Row, Islington, at 4.30am on November 9.
Residents were woken up by the sound of gunshots and ran downstairs to see if they could save the victims’ lives.
Mr Wallace, 25, of Broadway, Loughton, died at the scene. Mr Hassan, 28. of Horatio Street, Bethnal Green, died the following day in hospital.
- 1 Hit Brighton food hall operator to open Upper Street venue
- 2 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 3 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 4 Man charged after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 5 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
- 6 Protest erupts at the North London Waste Authority re-election meeting
- 7 Siblings open community-oriented park coffee hut
- 8 Man charged with 1974 murder of woman found in Highbury
- 9 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 10 Homes under the Planner: Schemes submitted or approved in Islington in June
Anyone with information about the shootings should call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.