Second man bailed over Islington double killing
A SECOND man arrested over a double shooting on the streets of Islington has been released on bail.
The 41-year-old was picked up last Tuesday by detectives hunting the killers of Lee Wallace and Jayson Hassan.
He has been ordered to report back to police in mid-December, along with a 27-year-old man arrested a few days earlier.
The men, who are both believed to be from east London, were arrested on suspicion of murder.
Mr Wallace and Mr Hassan were gunned down outside Strang House, on the Cummings Estate, off Britannia Row, Islington, at 4.30am on November 9.
You may also want to watch:
Residents were woken up by the sound of gunshots and ran downstairs to see if they could save the victims’ lives.
Mr Wallace, 25, of Broadway, Loughton, died at the scene. Mr Hassan, 28. of Horatio Street, Bethnal Green, died the following day in hospital.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 8 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
Anyone with information about the shootings should call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.