Second man bailed over Islington double killing
A SECOND man arrested over a double shooting on the streets of Islington has been released on bail.
The 41-year-old was picked up last Tuesday by detectives hunting the killers of Lee Wallace and Jayson Hassan.
He has been ordered to report back to police in mid-December, along with a 27-year-old man arrested a few days earlier.
The men, who are both believed to be from east London, were arrested on suspicion of murder.
Mr Wallace and Mr Hassan were gunned down outside Strang House, on the Cummings Estate, off Britannia Row, Islington, at 4.30am on November 9.
You may also want to watch:
Residents were woken up by the sound of gunshots and ran downstairs to see if they could save the victims’ lives.
Mr Wallace, 25, of Broadway, Loughton, died at the scene. Mr Hassan, 28. of Horatio Street, Bethnal Green, died the following day in hospital.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
Anyone with information about the shootings should call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.