Second man bailed over Islington double killing
A SECOND man arrested over a double shooting on the streets of Islington has been released on bail.
The 41-year-old was picked up last Tuesday by detectives hunting the killers of Lee Wallace and Jayson Hassan.
He has been ordered to report back to police in mid-December, along with a 27-year-old man arrested a few days earlier.
The men, who are both believed to be from east London, were arrested on suspicion of murder.
Mr Wallace and Mr Hassan were gunned down outside Strang House, on the Cummings Estate, off Britannia Row, Islington, at 4.30am on November 9.
You may also want to watch:
Residents were woken up by the sound of gunshots and ran downstairs to see if they could save the victims’ lives.
Mr Wallace, 25, of Broadway, Loughton, died at the scene. Mr Hassan, 28. of Horatio Street, Bethnal Green, died the following day in hospital.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 8 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 9 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 10 Heartbreak for Team GB as Australia end Olympic dream
Anyone with information about the shootings should call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.