Second man bailed over Islington double killing
A SECOND man arrested over a double shooting on the streets of Islington has been released on bail.
The 41-year-old was picked up last Tuesday by detectives hunting the killers of Lee Wallace and Jayson Hassan.
He has been ordered to report back to police in mid-December, along with a 27-year-old man arrested a few days earlier.
The men, who are both believed to be from east London, were arrested on suspicion of murder.
Mr Wallace and Mr Hassan were gunned down outside Strang House, on the Cummings Estate, off Britannia Row, Islington, at 4.30am on November 9.
You may also want to watch:
Residents were woken up by the sound of gunshots and ran downstairs to see if they could save the victims’ lives.
Mr Wallace, 25, of Broadway, Loughton, died at the scene. Mr Hassan, 28. of Horatio Street, Bethnal Green, died the following day in hospital.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 5 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 6 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 7 Islington charity choir smashes fundraising target with help from Brian Eno
- 8 Islington writers among the winners of 2021 awards
- 9 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 10 Islington dancer recounts apartheid struggles in new book
Anyone with information about the shootings should call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.