Second man charged with murder of Taylor Cox in Islington
- Credit: Met Police
Detectives investigating the murder of 19-year-old Taylor Cox in Islington have charged a second man with murder.
Robel Michael, 20, of no fixed address was arrested yesterday (August 4), and subsequently charged with murder.
He was remanded in custody to appear at Highbury Magistrates' Court today (August 5).
Taylor, who was 19 and lived in Barnet, was found with a head injury after police were called to reports of shots fired in Hornsey Rise Gardens shortly before 4.30pm on June 8.
Jaden McGibbon, 20, of Warltersville Road, Islington, was charged with murder on June 13, and appeared at the Old Bailey three days later.
He was remanded in custody to appear at the same court on September 1.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting Op Trewen CAD 5570/08JUN21.
Alternatively, to remain anonymous, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'