Second man charged with murder of Taylor Cox in Islington
- Credit: Met Police
Detectives investigating the murder of 19-year-old Taylor Cox in Islington have charged a second man with murder.
Robel Michael, 20, of no fixed address was arrested yesterday (August 4), and subsequently charged with murder.
He was remanded in custody to appear at Highbury Magistrates' Court today (August 5).
Taylor, who was 19 and lived in Barnet, was found with a head injury after police were called to reports of shots fired in Hornsey Rise Gardens shortly before 4.30pm on June 8.
Jaden McGibbon, 20, of Warltersville Road, Islington, was charged with murder on June 13, and appeared at the Old Bailey three days later.
He was remanded in custody to appear at the same court on September 1.
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting Op Trewen CAD 5570/08JUN21.
Alternatively, to remain anonymous, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 2 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 3 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 4 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 5 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 6 Deadline extended for Islington's greener futures fund
- 7 More than 18,000 Covid breach fines issued by Met during lockdowns
- 8 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 9 Former Met cop faces trial with seven others over alleged bribery plot
- 10 Islington: Cycle track could be back if funding found