Second man dies after Islington gangland shooting
A SECOND man died this morning after an execution-style shooting in Islington.
The victim passed away in the early hours of the morning at an east London hospital, after being shot outside Strang House, on the Cummings Estate, off Britannia Row, Islington, on Tuesday morning.
He is thought to be 28 and of Middle Eastern appearance. His next of kin have been informed.
The first victim, believed to be a 25-year-old light-skinned black man, died at the scene at 5.07am on Tuesday, just over half an hour after the double shooting took place.
Police believe the pair were standing outside Strang House when two men walked up and opened fire.
You may also want to watch:
No-one has been arrested so far.
Detective Chief Inspector Stephen Clayman, from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command, said: “We appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident who may have seen or heard anything suspicious, or has any information about this incident, to contact us in confidence.”
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 3 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 4 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 10 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.