Second man dies after Islington gangland shooting
A SECOND man died this morning after an execution-style shooting in Islington.
The victim passed away in the early hours of the morning at an east London hospital, after being shot outside Strang House, on the Cummings Estate, off Britannia Row, Islington, on Tuesday morning.
He is thought to be 28 and of Middle Eastern appearance. His next of kin have been informed.
The first victim, believed to be a 25-year-old light-skinned black man, died at the scene at 5.07am on Tuesday, just over half an hour after the double shooting took place.
Police believe the pair were standing outside Strang House when two men walked up and opened fire.
No-one has been arrested so far.
Detective Chief Inspector Stephen Clayman, from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command, said: “We appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident who may have seen or heard anything suspicious, or has any information about this incident, to contact us in confidence.”
- 1 Shell casings found after Islington gun reports
- 2 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 3 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 4 Four Hackney and Islington properties with amazing skyline views
- 5 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 6 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 7 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 8 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 9 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 10 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.