Second man dies after Islington gangland shooting
A SECOND man died this morning after an execution-style shooting in Islington.
The victim passed away in the early hours of the morning at an east London hospital, after being shot outside Strang House, on the Cummings Estate, off Britannia Row, Islington, on Tuesday morning.
He is thought to be 28 and of Middle Eastern appearance. His next of kin have been informed.
The first victim, believed to be a 25-year-old light-skinned black man, died at the scene at 5.07am on Tuesday, just over half an hour after the double shooting took place.
Police believe the pair were standing outside Strang House when two men walked up and opened fire.
You may also want to watch:
No-one has been arrested so far.
Detective Chief Inspector Stephen Clayman, from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command, said: “We appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident who may have seen or heard anything suspicious, or has any information about this incident, to contact us in confidence.”
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 8 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 9 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 10 Mum-of-two 'loses everything' in Islington fire
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.