Boy, 16, charged with murder of Romario Opia in Islington
- Credit: Polly Hancock
Detectives investigating the murder of 15-year-old Romario Opia in Islington have charged a second teenager.
The 16-year-old boy was charged with murder on Thursday (June 24).
He had been arrested on suspicion of murder in January and released on bail.
He appeared in custody at Highbury Magistrates’ Court on Friday (June 25), and is due to appear at the Old Bailey tomorrow (June 29).
Despite efforts to save him by emergency services, he was pronounced dead at the scene a short while later.
You may also want to watch:
A murder trial is due to start at the Old Bailey on July 19.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 4 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 5 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 8 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 9 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 10 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants