Boy, 16, charged with murder of Romario Opia in Islington
- Credit: Polly Hancock
Detectives investigating the murder of 15-year-old Romario Opia in Islington have charged a second teenager.
The 16-year-old boy was charged with murder on Thursday (June 24).
He had been arrested on suspicion of murder in January and released on bail.
He appeared in custody at Highbury Magistrates’ Court on Friday (June 25), and is due to appear at the Old Bailey tomorrow (June 29).
Despite efforts to save him by emergency services, he was pronounced dead at the scene a short while later.
You may also want to watch:
A murder trial is due to start at the Old Bailey on July 19.
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 3 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 8 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 9 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 10 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents