Serial Islington drug dealer jailed after crack found in his pants
A TEENAGE drug dealer who repeatedly hid crack cocaine and heroin in his pants has been jailed for three years.
Samson Ogbeni, 18, of Widford House, Colebrook Row, Islington, was already serving a community punishment and rehabilitation order for a robbery offence when his luck ran out on July 21 this year.
Police stopped him when they saw him driving a car erratically in Myddelton Square, Clerkenwell, and a search found a knife and a number of wraps of Class A drugs hidden in his groin area. He was arrested and then subsequently bailed pending drugs analysis.
Just ten days later police were patrolling in nearby Gloucester Way when they came across Ogbeni acting suspiciously in the street. He was stopped and searched again and a large amount of cash was found on him which he was unable to account for.
He was arrested and taken to Islington police station on suspicion of money laundering.
You may also want to watch:
When officers carried out a thorough search, they found thirty rocks of crack cocaine concealed in a bag in his pants.
At Blackfriars Crown Court last Thursday (11), Ogbeni was found guilty of possession of a bladed article, money laundering, possession with intent to supply crack cocaine and two counts of possession with intent to supply heroin. He also had the community punishment and rehabilitation order from the previous offence revoked. After the judge sentenced Ogbeni to three years in prison, investigating officer Detective Constable Marcus Johnson, said: “Ogbeni showed a complete disregard for the criminal justice system by offending whilst on conditional discharge for a previous offence and also while out on bail. This sentence sends a clear message that if you persist in being a career criminal you will be brought to justice and suffer the consequences.”
- 1 Seventh man charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 2 Low Traffic Islington coalition launched to support council's LTN roll-out
- 3 'Real disappointment' over uptake of Covid vaccine among care home staff
- 4 Open spaces, LTNs, vouchers, vaccinations and neonatal care
- 5 Plans to chop down 70-year-old Islington mulberry tree paused
- 6 WATCH: Air ambulance called to Islington flat fire
- 7 Three strikes and you're out: Jail term for drug dealer
- 8 Police force entry to alleged Islington 'house party' amid pandemic
- 9 'This is the end of my political career': Richard Watts stands down
- 10 Over-65s vaccinations begin in England as centre reports lack of patients