Serial mobile phone thief barred from all pubs and coffee houses across Islington and Camden
- Credit: Archant
A serial thief who stole hundreds of pounds-worth of mobile phones by preying on her victims in pubs and coffee shops has been banned from all public houses in Islington and Camden.
Martine Rainsford was slapped with the ASBO preventing her from entering any pub, including high street coffee chains Starbucks, Costa Coffee, Café Nero and Prêt A Manger, at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court.
Police are now encouraging residents to be wary if Rainsford is seen in any coffee shops or pubs.
The 45-year-old, of Cruikshank Street, King’s Cross, who was convicted of theft at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court, would attend pubs and coffee shops to steal mobile phones as well as other items.
She received a 12-month community order as well as being slapped with the three-year ASBO.
You may also want to watch:
Scotland Yard said: “We are relentless in our mission to drive thieves like Rainsford out of Islington and Camden so people in our community can feel confident that pubs and coffee shops are places to visit to have a good time and not be tainted by the activities of criminals.”
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 8 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 9 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 10 Guilty: MP Claudia Webbe harassed her partner's female friend, magistrate rules