Serial mobile phone thief barred from all pubs and coffee houses across Islington and Camden
- Credit: Archant
A serial thief who stole hundreds of pounds-worth of mobile phones by preying on her victims in pubs and coffee shops has been banned from all public houses in Islington and Camden.
Martine Rainsford was slapped with the ASBO preventing her from entering any pub, including high street coffee chains Starbucks, Costa Coffee, Café Nero and Prêt A Manger, at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court.
Police are now encouraging residents to be wary if Rainsford is seen in any coffee shops or pubs.
The 45-year-old, of Cruikshank Street, King’s Cross, who was convicted of theft at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court, would attend pubs and coffee shops to steal mobile phones as well as other items.
She received a 12-month community order as well as being slapped with the three-year ASBO.
You may also want to watch:
Scotland Yard said: “We are relentless in our mission to drive thieves like Rainsford out of Islington and Camden so people in our community can feel confident that pubs and coffee shops are places to visit to have a good time and not be tainted by the activities of criminals.”
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 6 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 7 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 8 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 9 Royal Mail 'working hard' but Islington residents report ongoing delays
- 10 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?