Serial mobile phone thief barred from all pubs and coffee houses across Islington and Camden
- Credit: Archant
A serial thief who stole hundreds of pounds-worth of mobile phones by preying on her victims in pubs and coffee shops has been banned from all public houses in Islington and Camden.
Martine Rainsford was slapped with the ASBO preventing her from entering any pub, including high street coffee chains Starbucks, Costa Coffee, Café Nero and Prêt A Manger, at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court.
Police are now encouraging residents to be wary if Rainsford is seen in any coffee shops or pubs.
The 45-year-old, of Cruikshank Street, King’s Cross, who was convicted of theft at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court, would attend pubs and coffee shops to steal mobile phones as well as other items.
She received a 12-month community order as well as being slapped with the three-year ASBO.
You may also want to watch:
Scotland Yard said: “We are relentless in our mission to drive thieves like Rainsford out of Islington and Camden so people in our community can feel confident that pubs and coffee shops are places to visit to have a good time and not be tainted by the activities of criminals.”
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 6 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 7 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 8 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 9 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder