Serial mobile phone thief barred from all pubs and coffee houses across Islington and Camden
- Credit: Archant
A serial thief who stole hundreds of pounds-worth of mobile phones by preying on her victims in pubs and coffee shops has been banned from all public houses in Islington and Camden.
Martine Rainsford was slapped with the ASBO preventing her from entering any pub, including high street coffee chains Starbucks, Costa Coffee, Café Nero and Prêt A Manger, at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court.
Police are now encouraging residents to be wary if Rainsford is seen in any coffee shops or pubs.
The 45-year-old, of Cruikshank Street, King’s Cross, who was convicted of theft at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court, would attend pubs and coffee shops to steal mobile phones as well as other items.
She received a 12-month community order as well as being slapped with the three-year ASBO.
You may also want to watch:
Scotland Yard said: “We are relentless in our mission to drive thieves like Rainsford out of Islington and Camden so people in our community can feel confident that pubs and coffee shops are places to visit to have a good time and not be tainted by the activities of criminals.”
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 5 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 6 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 7 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 8 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 9 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 10 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'