Serial pervert who performed sex act on Old Street bus jailed
- Credit: Archant
A pervert who performed a solo sex act on six London buses, including one in Old Street, has been jailed.
A pervert who performed a solo sex act on six London busses, including one in Old Street, has been jailed.
Fabian Downie, 44, of no fixed abode. was sentenced to 20 months in prison for half a dozen counts of outraging public decency between October 25 last year and April 1.
Downie, who would board buses and perform the sex act, often in full view of other passengers, before getting off – was also banned from the top deck of busses for five years after pleading guilty at Woolwich Crown Court on June 18.
He was identified by police after passengers took pictures of him on two occasions.
You may also want to watch:
The sex act on the number 21 bus in Old Street on October 29 was the second in a spree that saw Downie also perform the act on the number 24 bus in Camden and the 205 in Tower Hamlets.
Steve Burton, TfL’s Director of Enforcement and On-Street Operations said: “Our MPS Roads and Transport Policing Command have done a fantastic job with this on-going investigation and bringing the repeat offender to justice. We take all reports of unwanted sexual behaviour extremely seriously and do all we can to prevent this kind of incident happening to others.”
- 1 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 2 Letter: 'Highbury roundabout is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 3 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 4 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 5 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 8 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 10 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation