Serial pervert who performed sex act on Old Street bus jailed
- Credit: Archant
A pervert who performed a solo sex act on six London buses, including one in Old Street, has been jailed.
A pervert who performed a solo sex act on six London busses, including one in Old Street, has been jailed.
Fabian Downie, 44, of no fixed abode. was sentenced to 20 months in prison for half a dozen counts of outraging public decency between October 25 last year and April 1.
Downie, who would board buses and perform the sex act, often in full view of other passengers, before getting off – was also banned from the top deck of busses for five years after pleading guilty at Woolwich Crown Court on June 18.
He was identified by police after passengers took pictures of him on two occasions.
You may also want to watch:
The sex act on the number 21 bus in Old Street on October 29 was the second in a spree that saw Downie also perform the act on the number 24 bus in Camden and the 205 in Tower Hamlets.
Steve Burton, TfL’s Director of Enforcement and On-Street Operations said: “Our MPS Roads and Transport Policing Command have done a fantastic job with this on-going investigation and bringing the repeat offender to justice. We take all reports of unwanted sexual behaviour extremely seriously and do all we can to prevent this kind of incident happening to others.”
- 1 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 2 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 3 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 4 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 5 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 6 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 7 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 8 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 9 Can you help identify this man?
- 10 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub