Seven foot high robot makes shopping a titanic experience in Islington
Huge crowds gathered in a shopping centre on Friday as a giant robot marched through a plaza, singing and cracking jokes.
Young and old alike appeared amazed as Titan the robot strode around the N1 Shopping Centre, in Parkfield Street, Islington.
Despite standing around seven foot tall, he belied his intimidating demeanour by running through a quick fire set of music, comedy and waterworks.
He impersonated everyone from Paddy McGuinness to Sean Connery and seemed a big hit. Danielle Hill, 29, who watched the show with her three-year-old daughter Jodie, said: “I thought it was really good. Jodie was a little bit frightened when he started, but she liked him by the end.”
Tania John, nine, said: “It was really funny and interesting.”
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Ferriter, who lives in Caledonian Road, watched the show with her daughters Grace, nine, and Ava, one. She said: “It’s an amazing show, great entertainment.”
- 1 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 2 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 3 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 4 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 5 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 6 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 7 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 8 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 9 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 10 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown