Seven foot high robot makes shopping a titanic experience in Islington
Huge crowds gathered in a shopping centre on Friday as a giant robot marched through a plaza, singing and cracking jokes.
Young and old alike appeared amazed as Titan the robot strode around the N1 Shopping Centre, in Parkfield Street, Islington.
Despite standing around seven foot tall, he belied his intimidating demeanour by running through a quick fire set of music, comedy and waterworks.
He impersonated everyone from Paddy McGuinness to Sean Connery and seemed a big hit. Danielle Hill, 29, who watched the show with her three-year-old daughter Jodie, said: “I thought it was really good. Jodie was a little bit frightened when he started, but she liked him by the end.”
Tania John, nine, said: “It was really funny and interesting.”
Sarah Ferriter, who lives in Caledonian Road, watched the show with her daughters Grace, nine, and Ava, one. She said: “It’s an amazing show, great entertainment.”
- 1 Shell casings found after Islington gun reports
- 2 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 3 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 4 Four Hackney and Islington properties with amazing skyline views
- 5 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 6 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 7 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 8 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 9 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 10 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'