Seven foot high robot makes shopping a titanic experience in Islington
Huge crowds gathered in a shopping centre on Friday as a giant robot marched through a plaza, singing and cracking jokes.
Young and old alike appeared amazed as Titan the robot strode around the N1 Shopping Centre, in Parkfield Street, Islington.
Despite standing around seven foot tall, he belied his intimidating demeanour by running through a quick fire set of music, comedy and waterworks.
He impersonated everyone from Paddy McGuinness to Sean Connery and seemed a big hit. Danielle Hill, 29, who watched the show with her three-year-old daughter Jodie, said: “I thought it was really good. Jodie was a little bit frightened when he started, but she liked him by the end.”
Tania John, nine, said: “It was really funny and interesting.”
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Ferriter, who lives in Caledonian Road, watched the show with her daughters Grace, nine, and Ava, one. She said: “It’s an amazing show, great entertainment.”
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 4 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 5 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 6 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 7 Summer in the city: 5 Things to do in Islington this weekend
- 8 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 9 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
- 10 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green