Seven foot high robot makes shopping a titanic experience in Islington
Huge crowds gathered in a shopping centre on Friday as a giant robot marched through a plaza, singing and cracking jokes.
Young and old alike appeared amazed as Titan the robot strode around the N1 Shopping Centre, in Parkfield Street, Islington.
Despite standing around seven foot tall, he belied his intimidating demeanour by running through a quick fire set of music, comedy and waterworks.
He impersonated everyone from Paddy McGuinness to Sean Connery and seemed a big hit. Danielle Hill, 29, who watched the show with her three-year-old daughter Jodie, said: “I thought it was really good. Jodie was a little bit frightened when he started, but she liked him by the end.”
Tania John, nine, said: “It was really funny and interesting.”
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Ferriter, who lives in Caledonian Road, watched the show with her daughters Grace, nine, and Ava, one. She said: “It’s an amazing show, great entertainment.”
- 1 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 2 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 3 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 4 Campaigners debate future of Holloway Women's Building with Peabody Trust
- 5 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 6 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 7 Drugs and cash seized in multi-force police op
- 8 Bunhill by-election set to go-ahead following Claudia Webbe's resignation
- 9 Can you help identify this man?
- 10 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub