Seven Sisters Road assault: Police launch murder investigation after man dies
- Credit: @panoplyuk - DO NOT CREDIT
A murder investigation is under way after a man was fatally attacked in a Seven Sisters Road cafe on Tuesday night.
The man, in his 40s, died at about 2.15pm yesterday. No arrests have been made.
As reported in the Gazette, police were called to Seven Sisters Road, near its junction with Pooles Park in Finsbury Park, at about 10pm on Wendnesday.
The man was suffering life-threatening injuries after being assaulted at Bethel Cafe Restaurant, which forensics officers were still examining yesterday afternoon. There was still a police cordon this morning.
The man’s next-of-kin have been informed of the death.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 020 8345 3865 or 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 7 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox