Smash and grab robbers steal ‘large quantity’ of Arsenal merchandise from Emirates Stadium club store
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after one of Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium club stores was ram-raided last night.
Suspects broke into “The Arsenal” store in Highbury House, Drayton Park. They stole a “large quantity” of merchandise, the Met said, before making off in a car and on two mopeds.
Cops were called just before 11.30pm. No injuries were reported and no arrests have been made. The store was still cordoned off this morning.
The Arsenal store is described on the club’s website as “capturing the essense of what it means to be a Gooner”. It is one of two stores at the stadium, the other being the Armoury on its Holloway Road side.
A spokeswoman declined to specify the value or quantity of the stolen stock, but said: “Our Highbury House store was targeted by ram raiders overnight.
“No one was hurt but considerable damage was caused and some stock was stolen.
“Police will be at the scene during the day so the shop will not be open. Repairs also need to be made to the damage.
- 1 Inside the esports gaming arena coming to Islington's Upper Street
- 2 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 3 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 4 Landlord who did not provide kitchen for tenant fined £40,000
- 5 'All I could see was the water coming up': Clean-up begins after Holloway flooding
- 6 Polio virus found in Islington sewage
- 7 'Like a tsunami': Burst water main floods Islington street
- 8 'The 214 to Provence: Where catching a London bus can take you'
- 9 Polio: Symptoms, vaccines and what you need to know
- 10 'Extremely distressing': Council leader's shock after Highbury Fields stabbing
“A decision on when we can reopen will be made taking police advice as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.