Smash and grab robbers steal ‘large quantity’ of Arsenal merchandise from Emirates Stadium club store
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after one of Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium club stores was ram-raided last night.
Suspects broke into “The Arsenal” store in Highbury House, Drayton Park. They stole a “large quantity” of merchandise, the Met said, before making off in a car and on two mopeds.
Cops were called just before 11.30pm. No injuries were reported and no arrests have been made. The store was still cordoned off this morning.
The Arsenal store is described on the club’s website as “capturing the essense of what it means to be a Gooner”. It is one of two stores at the stadium, the other being the Armoury on its Holloway Road side.
A spokeswoman declined to specify the value or quantity of the stolen stock, but said: “Our Highbury House store was targeted by ram raiders overnight.
You may also want to watch:
“No one was hurt but considerable damage was caused and some stock was stolen.
“Police will be at the scene during the day so the shop will not be open. Repairs also need to be made to the damage.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants
“A decision on when we can reopen will be made taking police advice as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.