Smash and grab robbers steal ‘large quantity’ of Arsenal merchandise from Emirates Stadium club store
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after one of Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium club stores was ram-raided last night.
Suspects broke into “The Arsenal” store in Highbury House, Drayton Park. They stole a “large quantity” of merchandise, the Met said, before making off in a car and on two mopeds.
Cops were called just before 11.30pm. No injuries were reported and no arrests have been made. The store was still cordoned off this morning.
The Arsenal store is described on the club’s website as “capturing the essense of what it means to be a Gooner”. It is one of two stores at the stadium, the other being the Armoury on its Holloway Road side.
A spokeswoman declined to specify the value or quantity of the stolen stock, but said: “Our Highbury House store was targeted by ram raiders overnight.
You may also want to watch:
“No one was hurt but considerable damage was caused and some stock was stolen.
“Police will be at the scene during the day so the shop will not be open. Repairs also need to be made to the damage.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 6 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 7 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 8 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder
“A decision on when we can reopen will be made taking police advice as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.