Smash and grab robbers steal ‘large quantity’ of Arsenal merchandise from Emirates Stadium club store
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after one of Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium club stores was ram-raided last night.
Suspects broke into “The Arsenal” store in Highbury House, Drayton Park. They stole a “large quantity” of merchandise, the Met said, before making off in a car and on two mopeds.
Cops were called just before 11.30pm. No injuries were reported and no arrests have been made. The store was still cordoned off this morning.
The Arsenal store is described on the club’s website as “capturing the essense of what it means to be a Gooner”. It is one of two stores at the stadium, the other being the Armoury on its Holloway Road side.
A spokeswoman declined to specify the value or quantity of the stolen stock, but said: “Our Highbury House store was targeted by ram raiders overnight.
You may also want to watch:
“No one was hurt but considerable damage was caused and some stock was stolen.
“Police will be at the scene during the day so the shop will not be open. Repairs also need to be made to the damage.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 6 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 7 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 8 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 9 Islington and Camden charity connects generations with winter project
- 10 Whittington patients increase as Covid 'major incident' declared in London
“A decision on when we can reopen will be made taking police advice as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.