So Solid Crew and Top Boy star to appear in court for Upper Street Hilton Hotel charges
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
Rapper and actor Ashley Walters is due to appear in court next Thursday after being accused of threatening behaviour and racially aggravated harassment in Upper Street’s Hilton Hotel.
Walters, 33, of Cloudesley Street, Islington, had previously failed to appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on three separate occasions.
Prosecutors had been unable to prove Walters had been served proper notice of the charges - despite his first listing being on September 30.
But this morning, prosecutor Edward Aydin told the court: “I collected the proof of service last night.”
Walters, who has been accused of two counts of threatening behaviour and one of racially aggravated harassment in the hotel on May 3, is now due to appear before the court at 10am next Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
He first rose to fame as Asher D in garage group So Solid Crew, most famous for its chart-topping 2001 single 21 Seconds.
Latterly, he appeared in acclaimed Channel 4 show Top Boy, and is currently starring in BBC police drama Cuffs.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 4 Letters: Environment and tenants' manifesto
- 5 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 6 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 7 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 8 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 9 Two 17-year-olds charged after alleged knifepoint robbery in Highgate
- 10 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding