So Solid Crew and Top Boy star to appear in court for Upper Street Hilton Hotel charges
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
Rapper and actor Ashley Walters is due to appear in court next Thursday after being accused of threatening behaviour and racially aggravated harassment in Upper Street’s Hilton Hotel.
Walters, 33, of Cloudesley Street, Islington, had previously failed to appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on three separate occasions.
Prosecutors had been unable to prove Walters had been served proper notice of the charges - despite his first listing being on September 30.
But this morning, prosecutor Edward Aydin told the court: “I collected the proof of service last night.”
Walters, who has been accused of two counts of threatening behaviour and one of racially aggravated harassment in the hotel on May 3, is now due to appear before the court at 10am next Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
He first rose to fame as Asher D in garage group So Solid Crew, most famous for its chart-topping 2001 single 21 Seconds.
Latterly, he appeared in acclaimed Channel 4 show Top Boy, and is currently starring in BBC police drama Cuffs.
- 1 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 5 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 6 Stan Kroenke and the European Super League have killed Arsenal FC
- 7 Elthorne Pride community group's back-to-school initiative
- 8 Islington company offers paid leave for miscarriage sufferers
- 9 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 10 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'