So Solid Crew and Top Boy star to appear in court for Upper Street Hilton Hotel charges
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
Rapper and actor Ashley Walters is due to appear in court next Thursday after being accused of threatening behaviour and racially aggravated harassment in Upper Street’s Hilton Hotel.
Walters, 33, of Cloudesley Street, Islington, had previously failed to appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on three separate occasions.
Prosecutors had been unable to prove Walters had been served proper notice of the charges - despite his first listing being on September 30.
But this morning, prosecutor Edward Aydin told the court: “I collected the proof of service last night.”
Walters, who has been accused of two counts of threatening behaviour and one of racially aggravated harassment in the hotel on May 3, is now due to appear before the court at 10am next Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
He first rose to fame as Asher D in garage group So Solid Crew, most famous for its chart-topping 2001 single 21 Seconds.
Latterly, he appeared in acclaimed Channel 4 show Top Boy, and is currently starring in BBC police drama Cuffs.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 6 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 7 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 8 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 9 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder