Stab victim of gang attack found cradled in Auntie’s arms
- Credit: Archant
Last night’s brutal assault - thought to be mobs facing off - saw teen knifed in the head amid chaotic mass brawl
A teen fighting for his life after being stabbed in the head in a gang attack was found cradled in his auntie’s arms by police.
The youngster, thought to be 18, was discovered close to death with knife wounds to his head outside Peregrine House, in Hall Street, Finsbury, at about 6.50pm last night.
He is currently in hospital where he is believed to be in a 24-hour medically induced coma.
His horrific injuries took place during a chaotic mass brawl suspected to have erupted in nearby Hermit Street.
You may also want to watch:
One source describes “broken bottles, running, chasing, kicking and punching” taking place.
The victim was with a friend, who managed to escape unharmed.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 6 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 7 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 8 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 9 Islington and Camden charity connects generations with winter project
- 10 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
Scotland Yard’s specialist gang unit - Trident - are on the case and Islington police have stepped up patrols in the area.
An increase in gang violence has shaken Islington in recent months and the victim is thought to have been caught in the crossfire.
In particular the Cally Boys, from Caledonian Road and the EC1, or Easy Cash, gang from Finsbury have been squaring off.
This attack may have been the Cally Boys invading EC1 turf on the look out for victims.
A spokesman for the Met said: “Police were called at around 18:50hrs on Thursday May 14 to reports of a stabbed male in Hall Street.
“Officers attended and the victim, believed aged 18, was taken to hospital by London Ambulance Service suffering serious head and stab injuries.
“His condition is described as critical.
“At this early stage it is believed that the victim was attacked by a large group of males whilst with a friend in nearby Hermit Street.
“The victim’s friend was fortunately uninjured.
“Enquiries into the circumstances of the incident are ongoing and the Trident Gang Crime Command has been informed.
“Islington borough officers are carrying out increased its patrols in the local area.
Police are appealing for witnesses - anyone with information can call police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.