Stamford Hill Estate violence: Man, 19, stabbed
- Credit: Archant
Violence erupted in the Stamford Hill Estate last night, as a 19-year-old man was stabbed.
Cops were called just before midnight to Lynmouth Road and found a large group at the scene. Some were believed to be armed with knives.
It is thought the group came from a block party. Extra officers were called to help.
They tried to disperse the group, but bottles and other objects were hurled at them. No officers were seriously injured.
The 19-year-old man was then found by police suffering stab wounds. He was taken to hospital and his injuries are not life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Officers dispersed the group at 12.40am, and left the scene an hour later.
One person was was arrested in connection with the disorder towards the officers, and is currently in custody.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 7 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 8 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
Witnesses are asked to called Hackney Police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Did you see the disorder? Call the Gazette newsdesk on 020 7433 0104.