Stamford Hill Estate violence: Man, 19, stabbed
- Credit: Archant
Violence erupted in the Stamford Hill Estate last night, as a 19-year-old man was stabbed.
Cops were called just before midnight to Lynmouth Road and found a large group at the scene. Some were believed to be armed with knives.
It is thought the group came from a block party. Extra officers were called to help.
They tried to disperse the group, but bottles and other objects were hurled at them. No officers were seriously injured.
The 19-year-old man was then found by police suffering stab wounds. He was taken to hospital and his injuries are not life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Officers dispersed the group at 12.40am, and left the scene an hour later.
One person was was arrested in connection with the disorder towards the officers, and is currently in custody.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
Witnesses are asked to called Hackney Police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Did you see the disorder? Call the Gazette newsdesk on 020 7433 0104.