Stamford Hill Estate violence: Man, 19, stabbed
- Credit: Archant
Violence erupted in the Stamford Hill Estate last night, as a 19-year-old man was stabbed.
Cops were called just before midnight to Lynmouth Road and found a large group at the scene. Some were believed to be armed with knives.
It is thought the group came from a block party. Extra officers were called to help.
They tried to disperse the group, but bottles and other objects were hurled at them. No officers were seriously injured.
The 19-year-old man was then found by police suffering stab wounds. He was taken to hospital and his injuries are not life threatening.
Officers dispersed the group at 12.40am, and left the scene an hour later.
One person was was arrested in connection with the disorder towards the officers, and is currently in custody.
- 1 40 firefighters called to scene as Highbury flat damaged
- 2 Gunners pub back open for Premier League climax
- 3 Man accused of sexual assaults in Camden and Islington bailed
- 4 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 5 New community mural painted by residents unveiled in Stoke Newington
- 6 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 7 Fast food chain Leon launches 80th restaurant in Angel
- 8 Call for fuel payment machines in Hackney and Islington
- 9 'Staffing crisis' means children's hospice cannot offer end of life care
- 10 Boy, 13, arrested after teenager stabbed in Canonbury
Witnesses are asked to called Hackney Police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Did you see the disorder? Call the Gazette newsdesk on 020 7433 0104.